Rainbow

Kassandra's POV

Aliana and Fen insisted that I stay in their room with them.

Something about me not being strong enough to be on my own yet.

I didn't really care about their reason for wanting me to stay I was just really happy about them still wanting me around.

I woke to find Aliana sleeping on her side facing me and Fen snoring away between us. She looks so peaceful when she sleeps, like all the worries she carries on her shoulders when she's awake dissappear when she's sleeping.

I reach my hand over and brush the hair that had fallen in her face aside. Her hair is so long and beautiful, I follow its trek as I brush it back over her arm and side.

My gaze returns to her face and I'm sucked in by those swirling rainbows. They're so beautiful but they hold so much sadness and lonliness. I reach back over and tickle the hair at temple then slide it back.

Her eyes fill with so much heat for a second that I'm momentarily frozen, my hand paused in her hair. But as quickly as it comes it goes and she moves to get up.

"Morning." She say in a sleep roughened voice that makes me shiver.

I have to clear my throat a couple times until I'm sure that I can speak properly.

"Morning." We stare at each other and I can tell that there's something on her mind but before she could say anything Fen wakes up.

"Morning ladies, is there any way a strong, strapping male such as myself can get something to eat?"

He shakes out his fur and stretches the pad over to me and looks up at with the cutest puppy face ever.

Who could say no to that?

"Breakfast?" I say to Aliana who nods her head and grabs some clothes and goes into the bathroom to get ready.

"Don't mind her she's miserable in the mornings." Fen says.

"Okay."I laugh getting up and heading to the door.

"Where are you going?" Fen asks turning his head to one side.

"To my room to get ready." I say almost making it to the door.

"There's no need for that, your clothes are right there." He says indicating the closet and the dresser by the bed.

I move to the dresser to investigate and he's right, it's filled with my underwear, I furrow my brow and head to the closet, pull it open and see that my clothes are here also, I look down and see my shoes also.

I spin around and look at Fen.

"What gives Fen, why are my clothes here?" I mean I know they wanted me to stay with them for a little while but I didn't know they ment move in.

"I hope you don't mind that I went and brought your clothes here, I would just feel safer if you were closer to us." I turn to look at Aliana leaning on the bathroom door her arms folded over her chest watching me with worry in her eyes.

She has on a blood red shirt and grey skinny jeans with her hair loose around her. I realise I'm staring as a throat clears and I had to force myself to remember what she said before.

"No! of course not. I was just wondering what they were doing here. I don't to impose or over stay my welcome. I say rushing around the room grabbing something to wear.

"You could never overstay your welcome." She says and I try to believe her.

As I'm walking past her to go into the bathroon I whisper to myself.

"You say that now. You'll grow tired of me soon."

As I close the door I swear I heard her whisper back.

"Never."

********************************************

So here we are in our third hour class, the whole day has just been so wierd. I haven't been pushed into lockers, insulted or anything.

Everyone seems to be avoiding me, even the instructers seemed a little nicer. A path opens up as I walk down the hallway. Fen is on my shoulder yapping away but I'm barely paying attention I'm so wierded out by what is going on I feel like I'm in a episode of the twilight zone.

Then it all comes crashing down by the one person I try to avoid at all costs.

"Well would you look at that the little bitch made a friend." Chelsea mocks me.

It all happened so fast that I don't know how to explain what happened.

One second Aliana was next to me, the next Chelsea was against the lockers Aliana's hand around her throat.

Then Fen was screaming at me.

"Kassandra you're the only one who can calm her down enough to get her to listen!"

"Go to her and stop her."

It's like my body was moving on autopilot. I got closer to Aliana and placed my hand on her hand that was holding Chelsea up.

She looked at me when I called her and I almost took a step back. Gone were the warm eyes I say this morning. I was looking into the eyes of a true predator with cold killer eyes and I'm not ashamed to admit that I was scared.