Hesitate

Aliana's POV

"Well would you look at that, the little bitch made a friend."

I heard the words and knew that they were directed at Kassandra. When I looked back I realised that it was the girl that I had failed to kill the other day because I was worried about Kassandra.

One moment I was still beside Kassandra and the next I had my hand wrapped around this girls neck slamming her into the lockers.

I lifted her up until her feet no longer touched the floor. She struggled in my grip, clawing at my hand but I only held her tighter. All I could think of when I looked at her was her kicking Kassandra, the broken bones, the cries of pain. I would enjoy killing this one.

I can hear Fen and Kassandra screaming for me to stop, the other students in the hall have all stopped too watch no one is moving to help her.

Sparks shoot up my arms and Kassandra's voice breaks through my quiet.

"Aliana, please stop. She's not worth it. I know she hurt me and I know you want to punish her for that but please not like this, not this way."

For the first time my beast actually hesitates in killing, she calms down and turns her metaphysical head toward Kassandra. There, shining bright in the center of her being is a mirror image of my beast.

But where as mine is as black as vast emptiness, hers is a blinding white. Kassandra beast looks exactly like mine. Standing at least eight feet tall, three feet shorter than mine, white furr running down both sides and tail, white scales lining its back and underbelly. Her face was a mix between a wolf and a dragon but furred, with rows of sharp teeth and pure white eyes. White flames covered its paws and tail with little lightning shocks appearing sporadically around her body. She was the complete opposite of me. My beast rose up out of me to meet hers.

They bowed to each other, then my beast moved forward to rub her neck against the other. They both layed down heads wrapped around each other. Yin and Yang.

I pulled back out of myself to see Kassandra and Fen still trying to get me to release the girl.

Kassandra kept whispering to me and Fen continued to encourage her.

" That's it Kassanda keep talking to her, your the only one who can stop her." Fen was telling her.

"Aliana please. I know you can hear me, please just let her go."

I turned to look in her eyes.

"Why?" I asked wanting to know why she would want to save someone who has made her a life a living hell up until this point.

"Because it's the right thing to do.What are you going to do, kill everyone who has ever hurt me or made me cry?"

"Yes."

"Yeah, she really will." Fen adds from his place on her shoulders.

She looks shocked at this confession as if she couldn't believe that someone was willing to go that for her.

She had no idea how far I would truly go.

"But you can't do that!" She says truly shocked.

"Why not?" I ask here. Trying my hardest to understand this female.

"Because it's wrong to take a life."

She simply states. "I can see that you think differently but please, just this once, let her go."She begs me.

I look deep into her eyes and find strong conviction there. I turn back to the girl still dangling from my hand and step in close to whisper in her ear.

"I want to kill you, I want to pull your heart from your chest so you can watch it as it stops beating and then watch the light drain from your eyes." I tell her as she begins to shake.

"The only reason your still alive right now is because of my mates kindness, do not push me. If you ever approach her again I won't fail a third time to end your miserable life. If you ever speak to her again I will kill you, if she even thinks you hurt her I will find and kill you."

I pull back from her and look at her.

" Do you understand me?" I give a little shake and she nods jerkingly.

I give her the full weight of my stare and she pales.

"What do you see when you look in my eyes?" I ask her, I relax my grip on her a little so she can speak.

"My death." I nod once and drop her to the floor.

She chokes and rubs her throat, then looks up at me with fear in her eyes. Her eyes dart to Kassanda and she opens her mouth to speak.

"Thank.....

My foot connects with her ribs and I feel a couple of them break as she is flung back into her friends who were all just standing there watching. They all collapse to the ground from the force of my kick and struggle to get up slowly.

"I told you not to talk to her."

Kassandra begins dragging me off in the opposite direction of our next class.

"Thank you for standing up for me." she says as we headed outside and made our way back to our room.

I nod my head .

"Can I ask you something?" She asks bitting her lip.

"Yeah."

"What did you mean when you called me your mate?"