30.✔

Cassandra's POV

I freeze at the sound of the voice. Everything suddenly goes dead quite.

My breathing has completely stopped, the only sound is the small droplets of water dripping from the concrete ceiling onto the cold ground that I stand on. I take a deep breath telling myself it was just my mind playing tricks on me as I turn around slowly, not in any rush, to see what could possibly be standing before me. I squint my eyes from the dimly lit room as I see an out line of a small figure slowly walking towards me. I take a step back holding my breath as the person nears closer to me.

"I asked you a question." The same sweet voice spoke now standing where the light falls over her face.

It was a young girl no older than seven with curly dirty blonde hair that cascaded down the front of her whitish brown dress. The dress she wore went down to her ankles with holes covering the bottom of it but that's not really what scared me most about her. One side of her pale faced skin looked as if it had been burned. There were even places in her dress that had holes, I'm guessing from some kind of fire.

"Are you alright?" She asked coming even closer.

I took a step back only for my back to hit the cold metal door.

"I-I" I couldn't even form words as I stared at the young girl.

She looks like something out of a horror film one in which I would not watch. Was this a joke? Is Harry just trying to scare me? Or is this actually happening? I didn't know and that's what scared me.

"I would really like for you to play dolls with me, it's been so long since anybody has came to visit me." Her sweet voice made her even creepier.

"I won't hurt you... I promise." She was practically begging me to play with her but I just couldn't bring myself to do so.

I mean, this isn't normal. A little girl being locked up in a basement for who knows how long.

Why would anybody do this? She's just a little girl -a creepy one at that but still.

"You know, it's rude not to speak when you are spoken to." It sounded like something my mother would tell me when I was little.

"My mommy always told me that." So her mother would tell her that too...

I took a few deep breaths knowing I'd have to talk to the young girl at some point considering it doesn't look like I'm getting out of here anytime soon.

"Sure, I'll play but first what's your name?" I asked trying my best not to stutter and sound afraid of the young girl which I am very much.

"I can't tell you that." She answered swaying back and forth.

"And why not?" I asked raising a brow.

"Because mommy always said don't tell a stranger your name, age or address." She said matter of factly.

"Well didn't your mommy tell you not to talk to strangers?" I said taking a step near her.

"I know my mommy always did." I childishly spoke.

"Well my mommy said you can talk to strangers as long as you don't tell them your name, age or address. " She spoke putting her hands on her hips.

I thought for a minute, how could I convince her to tell me her name or at least something about herself?

"I'll tell you my name if you tell me yours." I bribed.

She looked down at her feet, I'm guessing she was trying to decide if she really wanted to tell me or not. After a few more seconds past she finally looked up from her stare at the cold wet ground.