⁂⁂⁂ 

one afternoon of a cold winter's day, when the sun shone with chilly brightness after a long storm, taehyung had always spent most of his time copped up inside the house, when the flakes of snow were falling like feathersfrom the sky, he sat at a window sewing. too caught up in focus of what he was doing, he didn't notice the queen staring at him intently from behind.

taehyung's step-mother, the queen, was a beautiful woman,but proud and haughty, and she could not bear that anyone else should surpass her in beauty. she had a wonderful looking-glass, and when she stood in front of it and looked at herself init, and said,"looking-glass, looking-glass, on the wall, who in this land is the fairest of all."

the looking-glass would always answer by "thou, o queen, art the fairest of all."

then she was satisfied, for she knew that the looking-glass spoke the truth. but as taehyung was growing up, and grew more and more beautiful, and when he was ten years old he was as beautiful as the day, and more beautiful than the queen herself. andonce when the queen asked her looking-glass,"looking-glass, looking-glass, on the wall, who in this land is the fairest of all." it answered,"thou art fairer than all who are here, lady queen. but more beautiful still is the snow white prince, as I ween."

then the queen was shocked, and turned yellow and green with envy. from that hour,whenever she looked at taehyung, her heart heaved in her chest, she hated the boy somuch. and envy and pride grew higher and higher in her heart like a weed, so that she hadno peace day or night. she had given the boy all those ugly, rotten rags as the pieces of clothes to use, yet the boy's beauty still shone in the brightest. she had also made the boy do the labours around the house to tire the boy, yet it was turned out that taehyung had been nothing but a very hard-working and an obedient sweet child. it only grew the hatred inside the queen's heart, however.

years had gone to pass, taehyung had grown to be more beautiful and the news about the beauty of the prince had somehow traveled outside the castle to the ears of other kingdoms. many princes were coming to court taehyung. and it only fueled the queen's rage because she was so envy of the prince that the boy who had barely reached adulthood had outshone her whilst she still stood as the young queen who was bared alone to rule.

it vexed the queen so much until today, when a kingdom, one that was known infamous for its strength and the great king, had been so modest to visit her castle just to court taehyung. the king of jeon kingdom was a very rich and good man, and much loved and feared by all the people whom he ruled, had shown so much of his charisma even when he had just stepped inside the castle for a mere minute, leaving a trace of wants and curiosity in the queen's heart. the king's lone son had come abreast his father, showing just as much masculinity and charisma oozing from his lanky yet sturdy body for a child his age. the sole purpose of the sudden visit was at least unpleasant for the queen, yet she was too curious to of the man that she followed along the arrangement that was made even when the prince had sneered so much distaste towards his father's agreement.

the little prince was so mad that he had dashed from his seat to outside, presumably the garden. that little kid could do nothing to end the deal as the queen cunningly swayed the king to keep the arrangement. it may not be a good end for the snow white, yet when had the queen been caring enough for him? after all, what she wanted, what she got. and she wanted nothing more than seeing the great king jeon on his knees, all vulnerable, in front of her.