My Sad Love

Seulgi's point of view

I felt a stabbing pain in my chest upon hearing Irene's words. I felt crying that very moment. The person she said she wouldn't regret meeting will soon be a bad memory she would wanted to forget. I tried to hide my sad face and stood up.

"Irene, Kamsahamnida!" I said and bowed to her with my tears starting to form.  I heard her chuckled on my action.

"Me too, Kamsahamnida, Seulgi" she responded.

At the House-night

We arrived back at the house. Irene took a shower and changed to her comfortable clothes. She immediately hopped on her bed.

"Aren't you going to sleep?" Irene asked me. I was still sitting on the couch doing some stuff.

"Later. I still need to do some reports" I shook my head and reasoned.

"Go to sleep. I know you're tired" I commanded her softly and smiled then I went back on what I'm doing. I felt something jumped beside me on the couch. I completely knew that it's Irene but just pretended that I didn't notice her and focused on what I'm typing. She placed her chin on my shoulder and hugged me on my side.

"You forgot something, Ddeulgi~" Irene said cutely while pouting.

"What is it?" I asked still focused on typing.

"Goodnight kiss" She whispered still acting like a kid. It made me stop on what I'm doing and looked at her.

"Irene, are you a kid?" I asked in disbelief, she shook her head but still acted cutely waiting for the kiss. I held her face with one hand and kissed her on the forehead softly. I looked at her and she's still looking at me unsatisfied.

"A kiss on the forehead is really sweet but--" before she can continue to complain, I gave her a smack on the lips consecutively making her frown face turned to a smile. I lifted her and carried her back to the bed and gave her another peck on the lips.

"Now be a good girl and go to sleep" I commanded softly. She nodded while smiling earning her another kiss on the forehead.  I stood up and was about to walk back to the couch but she called me.

"Seulgi" I turned back to her raising my eyebrows.

"Today is our first day, right?" she asked. I was shaken by her question. Once again, I felt a pain in the chest as if a blade shoved in my heart. I nodded hiding my hesitation and the thoughts that I've been keeping making it unnoticeable for Irene.

"Yes, It's our first day" We smiled to each other. Irene went to sleep happily. I remained watching her standing a few meters away from the bed.

'Be sure to sleep well because I think you will need a lot of energy tomorrow.

For I think you will be worked up tomorrow.'

The next morning

Irene's point of view

I woke up early in the morning having a good mood. I saw the space beside me being empty and wondered where Seulgi could be. I searched the whole room but she was nowhere to be found. I walked outside while rubbing my eyes as I still feel sleepy. I walked around the house to the kitchen but again, Seulgi's presence was unseen.

"Have you seen Seulgi?" I asked one of the maids.

"Uhmm.. Didn't she inform you, ma'am?" the maid asked back. I shook my head in confusion.

"About what?" I asked then one of the house guards interrupted.

"Yesterday was the end of Miss Kang's contract to us. She left late last night" the guard stated.