bonus 1 » coffee and esteban

B O N U S #1
coffee and esteban

     raylee sat on her seat in a coffee shop in new york where she was supposedly waiting for lewis leclercq

     raylee sat on her seat in a coffee shop in new york where she was supposedly waiting for lewis leclercq. after all, they were going to meet up for the first time in months and she had tried to make her look as good as possible. not necessarily to prove something, but because she liked dressing herself up. after starting college, she had shared a dorm with a bubbly spanish girl who loved makeup and clothes. of course, she had rubbed off on raylee too.

     after starting college, raylee had decided to ease up on all the disney references and try to live a little. she was sure that it was what her dad wanted for her. raylee didn't exactly grow up to the extent that she stopped using the references because everyone should know that it's impossible for her to let go of her childhood.

     "hey, you." a voice said and standing at 6'2 feet, was the superstar that had been skyrocketing on the billboard charts himself.

     "hello! i'm glad you could make it," raylee beamed at lewis. she pointed at her chair, asking him to sit down. raylee looked at the bodyguard sitting on chairs a few tables away and noted that it wasn't carlos.

     "of course. you wanted to meet up and i guess i'm here," he shrugged and sat down and raylee nodded as she watched him order coffee and a slice of cake. "how have you been?" he then asked.

     she tilted her head. "i've been doing superbly. college is hectic, but life's great."

     lewis nodded.

     "what about you?"

     "great, actually. trying to sell as many songs as possible, but also maintaining my life," he revealed.

     raylee widened her eyes and smiled a mischievous one. "speaking of which, you were telling me about . . . oleksander, wasn't it?"

     lewis looked down at his lap and then up again. raylee figured that his sexuality was still something he was dealing with, so she tried to not make him think he was forced to answer. but she was surprised when he smiled.

     "oh yeah, he's my manager's son and as much as valentina wants to keep me away from him," he chuckled, "she has to try better. but i know she kind of approves on the inside."

     raylee smiled. "that's so cute! but how did you... find out that you had feelings for him?"

     "i don't know. it just happened gradually, i guess. after i learned to grow up and become a decent human being, i guess he liked seeing that too." the way his eyes crinkled at the thought of oleksander made raylee feel warm on the inside.

     raylee wanted to hug him hard. "awh."

     lewis shook his head. "anyway, tell me about this . . ." he feigned perplex as he swallowed down his cake. it almost felt like he had a hard time saying his name, and raylee didn't blame him. raylee was shocked too when she found out that her roommate's brother was named after a disney character of all things. "this esteban."

     raylee chuckled. "well, he's my roommate's brother and is a year above me, but he's actually super sweet and although he isn't a, you know, disney addict, he's still the funniest person i've ever met. i don't say it with pride, but he might even possibly beat sandra too."

     lewis nodded as his mouth curved into a smile. "that's good."

     they sat that way for an hour and talked about everything and nothing like they hadn't lost contact in months and raylee loved seeing the new version of him and she was glad he turned out this way by himself. raylee had missed him, but she knew all those months ago that she had to give him space. She had to let him become his own person by not making him walk in old footsteps and it seemed like it had worked.

     and that was all she had ever wished for. a boy who knows how to be his own person.

 a boy who knows how to be his own person