5. Plan Working So Far

"Falak, beta you sure this will work?" Sabura asked her with a worried expression.

Sabura was here in Murtaza villa. Both Tehreem and Sabura were worried about her plan.

"Aunty, have faith everything will be alright, they both need a push.... Well bhai definitely needs a push." She sat next to her mother.

"Ateeb looks so horrible. I can't see him like this anymore. It seems like forever since he has had a proper converstion with us. Why did you break the news to him so soon? couldn't you wait for two days?... now look he is barely home." Tehreem said with a sad face.

"Relax mom, when this ends he will be searching for reasons to stay in home. Trust me." Falak said smiling at them.

It all started 3 months back, when Mehek got a proposal from Sufiyan's colleague for his son. Mehek's parents were quite satisfied with that proposal, they had come to Falak's home to discuss things about it as Falak's dad knew them better. Falak, by luck heard this conversation. She was shocked to know that they were planning to marry Mehek to someone else. She barged into the room without knocking all four of them were shocked at her arrival.

"Falak, dear what's wrong?" Sufiyan came forward and asked her who now had tears in her eyes.

All of them were now worried because of her, she looked like she was gonna cry any minute now.

"I.... I.. " she wasn't sure how to say.

"Falak, you're scaring us beta, tell me What's wrong." Sabura came forward and held her hands. They made her sit beside them.

"You can't do this." She said with a heavy voice.

"Beta, deep breaths. First calm yourself." Kafeel Murtaza gently held her hands and offered her a glass of water from the glass table in front of them.

She gulped down the entire glass, now that she was feeling a bit relaxed she glanced at all of them who looked worried.

"Now, tell us. What's wrong?" Asked Tehreem.

"You can't fix Mehek's wedding now and that too...." She stopped mid sentence.

"What? Are you out of your mind Falak?" Tehreem was now angry.

"Bhabhi, calm down. Let's listen her reason as well." Sufiyan replied with a calm attitude.

"Why do you say that dear?" Falak felt so angry towards both her brother and her stupid bestie.

"Uncle, ac..tu...al...ly..... uff.." She held her head in her hands.

"Sweetie what's bothering you?... We will help you solve your problem.!" Kafeel said gently placing his hands on her head.

"Dad, the only problem I am having right now is.... urgh... Why is so difficult to say?"

"Falak...." Tehreem, was cut off mid sentence by Falak.

"I want Mehek to be my sister-in-law." She closed her eyes and said it.

The room was so silent that people from outside the room might just have assumed that there's no one inside.

She opened her eyes and looked at everyone. Her parents were smiling.

"I'm sorry, it was not my place to say that, but I couldn't..."

"There's nothing to be sorry about dear, you've just said what my heart wishes for." Said Tehreem with a beautiful smile.

"Phew." Falak gently laid back her head on the couch. Everyone laughed at her antics.

"Sufiyan, according to my daughter's and wife's wish and let's not forget my happiness too... I would love Mehek to be a part of my family.!" Said kafeel with happiness visible on his eyes.

"Dad you forgot the most important person." Falak sat straight.

"Who?"

"Dad!!! Bhai of course, he is the one who has to marry her.!" She pouted.

"Kafeel, with all respect I am happy for such a proposal but we don't yet know what is Ateeb's decision."

"Can we just not ask him about it. He'll the say the same old thing." Falak pleaded looking at her parents.

"And what's the same old thing?!" Sufiyan asked with a smile on his face.

"Ateeb always says 'I'll marry once Falak is married." Falak blushed to which everyone laughed.

"Mom!" She whined.

"But we still have to inform him right!? We need to know what he thinks about this proposal." Said Kafeel looking at his daughter.

"But dad, he is just gonna deny it."

"Falak.... dear, we can't possibly force him if he does not like this proposal." Said Kafeel.

"I can assure you he will go crazy about this proposal.!" She replied with a mischivious look.

"What do you mean by that?" Asked tehreem

"I hate to do this but hmmm..... wait a minute please.!" She made a beeline towards Ateeb's room. She went inside the small office which was right beside his walk in closet. She opened his third drawer and ruffled the contents. Finally, she got hold of the black diary which was hidden at the corner.

She opened the last page and took out the thing which mattered right now.

She came back towards the drawing room and stood in front of them. Her hands were hidden behind her back.

"What is it?" Sabura and Tehreem asked in union.

"I hate to poke my nose on someone else's privacy but I have to do this as my brother is a bit..... lazy" she said grinning.

She took out her hand and showed the content. It was Mehek's picture.

"Oh!" Exclaimed Kafeel, while everyone else just laughed.

"Would you please make Mehek my sister-in-law!?" Falak asked now standing in front of Sufiyan and Sabura.

Sufiyan smiled at her, whereas Sabura engulfed her in a heart warming hug.

"We would love to!" They replied with joy.

"I've seen parents asking for a girl's hand in marriage for their son or a man placing his own proposal in front of the girl's parents but never heard or saw a girl proposing her best friend for her brother." Sufiyan laughed.

"The most interesting part is you've asked us to make her your sister-in-law rather than asking us to make her your brother's wife." Falak laughed along with everyone.

"After all she is my partner in crime." She said laughing but abruptly stopped laughing.

"Please don't tell bhai or Mehek about this proposal." She pleaded them.

"But sweetie we do have to know Mehek's decision as well." Replied Tehreem.

"Mom please don't make me invade her privacy, she will kill me.!" She said hiding her face in her palms. " I'm just gonna say this....... She..... umm....!" She said looking at the walls around the room.

"Ha ha ha.... We will take that as a yes from our daughter.!" Said Sabura, she knew about Mehek's feeling. Never once did she say it out loud but love is not some thing you can hide.

"Hmm.... I totally deserve a huge award for this.!" Said Falak.

Thus, all of them agreed with her plan to test Ateeb. And so far they were successful.

Hi my sweeties,

Hope you're having a nice time reading this.

I'm waiting for your reviews and comments.

For all those who have like this chapter...

Please do vote and share.

With love,
Kiara💞