A Sasuke and Sakura thingy

Sakura felt horribly guilty as she stood in front of her door and was about to go in. However, something changed her mind. This whole killing case has gotten the best of her, and she no longer knows neither how to behave nor how to feel. Before she could even open the door, she kept looking at Sasuke's next-door room. She remembered how badly she treated him earlier that day and how terrible she was to him. He was a mean person, but she went way too rough on him.
Sakura turned to her left and went to Sasuke's room, they needed to talk.

"Sasuke? Are you in there?"
The room was darker than Sakura's complicated case, and even though she sensend his presence there, she had to ask his permission.

"Can we talk for a sec?"

"Come in" Sasuke said in a low voice.

Sakura felt even more guilty when she turned on the light and saw the miserable face Sasuke was wearing. Sakura must have overreacted when she slapped him.

"I wanted to say sorry about what happened earlier, I know I overreacted" Sakura said as she sat beside him on the bed and looked at the floor

"Nevermind"

"Nevermind?" A simple nevermind was anything but what Sakura expected him to say. She felt avoided once again "Are you really not mad at me?" She asked.

"Why would I? Well, this was the kind of treatment you used to get from me" Sasuke explained while trying to avoid her looks.

"I still get this kind of treatment from you"

"I'm sorry, Sakura! I'm really sorry for everything"

Telling her to never mind when she was obviously wrong slapping him was something she could somehow chew, but apologising and doing so sincerely as well, that was totally unexpected. She didn't see a reason why he should apologise. It's true that he was a jerky ice load who's trying to act cool, but still, that was unnecessary. That silence that surfaced was heavy and sharing such kind of moment with Uchiha Sasuke was too awkward for Sakura to bear, she didn't want to go any further with the topic. But it seems like Sasuke has a lot to say.

"I was a jerk, I know. I thought my brother was a criminal when he obviously was a hero, then I lived a miserable life based on that. I went even far to push away everyone around me when they deeply cared about me." Sasuke turned to Sakura "That's why I told you not to worry about slapping me because it actually made me realise the pain I've put all of you through all these years"

"Now that you understand that, it doesn't seem like a big deal" Sakura smiled warmly "but I hope you get that revenge idea out of your system. You've already seen how wrong you were about Itachi. Don't make the same mistake twice "

"It's hard to go back on track after everything. I've put all of you through some shit that you did not deserve"

"It's better late than never" Sakura held his "you still have a chance to fix everything" she stopped for a short while before resuming "and to atone for calling me annoying" she stuck her tongue out.

"But you are annoying" he teased.

"Boo you Uchiha ... I'll never forgive you"