Chapter 57

*Your POV*
A couple seconds pass, and I finally talk. "I don't believe you." I say. I turn and start to walk out, but this time, Archie grabs my arm.

"Who's side are you on?" he asks.

"What?" I say.

"It's like you want him to get arrested. You're denying this. Just let us explain."

"Look, we searched everywhere. Literally, everywhere in that trailer. And there was no lockbox, and no gun." Veronica says. "Whatever Sheriff Keller said he found, it wasn't in there when we checked."

I sigh, and look down. "Fine. I believe you."

"We need to tell Jughead that his dad's innocent so he stops freaking out. Where even is he?" Archie asks.

"I don't know. I called him a couple times, left him messages. He's not answering his phone at all."

"Well, in the meantime..." Veronica says, trying to think of something.

"Do we tell Keller?" I ask.

"No. Not before we tell our parents." Archie says.

"That we broke into FP's trailer? I think not." Veronica says.

"I'm gonna have to agree on that one."

"No, we have to tell them. My dad will know what to do."

"Fine." We all get into my truck and drive to his house.

~

"You did what?" Fred asks.

"We had to make sure that FP wasn't involved at all in Jason's murder." Archie says. I lean against the wall, and cross my arms.

"And now we know the truth. That he was." Alice says.

"What? No, we just told you." I say.

"The gun was planted." Archie says.
"By whoever killed Jason." Veronica finishes.

"Couldn't you have just missed it?" Hermione asks. Veronica gives her a look.

"Yeah, excuse me if I trust the detection skills of an officer of the law over four, amateur sleuths." Alice says.

"What? Mom, you were the one who asked Veronica to break in!" Betty says.

"Excuse me?" Hermione says.

"What?" Archie's mom says.

"Alice?" Fred says. Oh, and may I add that they all said it at the same time.

"Actually...I, came up to Mrs. Cooper. I had to know if FP was connected with my dad. And, about the murder." Veronica says.

"A gun was found, Veronica. Case closed! We're going home." Hermione grabs her arm and starts to walk away, but Veronica stays.

"There was no gun!" Archie says.

"Son," Fred starts, and Archie looks over to him. "this isn't petty theft or a bar fight we're talking about, Archie. This is murder."

"Okay, fine. Then we'll all go to Keller without you." Archie says.

"Archie. You entered FP's residence illegally." His mom says. "So whatever you did, or did not find in there, it would be inadmissible in the court of law."

"I don't care what happens to me."

"Well I care. FP may have ruined Jug's life, but he sure as hell isn't gonna ruin yours." Fred says.

~

I drive around, continue to look for Jughead. I drive to the park, and get out. I walk around a little bit, but he's no where to be seen. I try calling him again. No answer. I get back into my car and keep driving. I stop by Pop's one more time. I go inside.