Chapter 23

On another note, this chapter is shorter than my usual ones, but it's only because I want to have a smooth transition into the next chapter. 

ALEXIS

The last time I ever kissed someone was eight years ago, so this was almost like kissing for the first time all over again. 

I pretty much had no idea what to do once our lips touched and neither did Hudson. However, after a few seconds of just standing there awkwardly, I moved my lips against his and silently prayed that I remembered how to do this right.  

From what I could tell, Hudson was still in shock because of his stiff figure, but he started to relax as he finally decided to follow my lead and move his lips slowly. It was a slow kiss, but it was nonetheless passionate and made my toes tingle with anticipation.

His lips were soft and tentative as he massaged my bottom lip carefully–it almost seemed as though he was scared that he was going to hurt me. He let his hand rest on the middle of my back where his thumb massaged little circles on my spine. I let out a shaky breath as we both turned our heads to get a better angle. 

This was honestly nothing like the kisses I had had before. None of them were this passionate or could make me so breathless from the intensity. 

I was surprised when Hudson decided to bite my lower lip and tug it hesitantly, making me groan. My hand traveled up his chest to his dark curls where my fingers entangled themselves and pulled at roots of his soft hairs. He groaned and pressed his lips harder against mine. 

I didn't want this to end, but I was starting to feel as though as I was about to pass out thanks to the lightheaded feeling I was getting with every second that passed. I pulled away carefully, making sure we didn't bump noses as I did so, and opened my eyes to look at him.

He was breathing heavily and staring at me with dark eyes. It seemed that the two of us were still processing what had just happened.

"So that's what the fuss was all about," he whispered, giving me a breathtaking smile. I blushed and let out a shy chuckle as he bumped his nose against mine.

"I'm pretty sure we bumped noses a few times," he said amusedly. The smile on my face widened at his words because it just reminded me how all the awkward moments were only because it was one of our firsts together.

He leaned over once again and pressed a tiny kiss to the corner of my mouth, making me blush all over again– I pretty much felt like a giddy teenager. 

Of course, someone had to interrupt the moment we were finally having. 

"I hate to rain on the parade, but the pack meeting is in like two hours and we still have to figure out how to explain everything," Matthew's voice called, making our heads turn to the entryway where he was standing awkwardly. 

I blinked and narrowed my eyes, "Have you been standing there this whole time?"

"No, of course not. I'm not into that sort of thing,"  he said, rolling his eyes. I sighed and removed my arms from Hudson's neck, "Well, let's go plan that meeting then."

Matthew nodded and turned around, "I'm going to wait in the office with the rest of them, but please sort yourselves out before you join. Just look at your lips."

I ran my tongue over my bottom lip and realized how swollen they were. Hudson's were just as swollen and the edges of his mouth were tinted pink from my lipstick. 

"Besides," Matthew continued, "I'm not sure if the pack wants to know what their Alpha and Luna were doing behind closed doors."

I glared at him and grabbed a wooden spoon to chuck at him, but he smirked and disappeared before I could do so. 

"We should get going," Hudson said quietly, pulling away. 

My heart dropped slightly at his detached tone. He looked like he just realized something and was regretting everything that had happened. I really hoped that we weren't going back to square one. 

I couldn't do it. I just couldn't. It would be too much for my wolf and heart to handle. 

A wave of sadness washed over me as I realized something else that made my heart sink even lower. 

The full moon was in five days.

And we still hadn't accepted each other officially.

I hope you guys don't want to kill me hehe. Don't worry, the drama won't last too long, I think ;) But what do you think of their first kiss? Sweet enough? What do you think Hudson was thinking at the end?

LOVE YOU ALL! *MWAH*

Nostalgia Moment of the Day: Remember when we used to get a packet of homework that we had a week to do?  *sigh* Those were the days.