Prologue

[Prologue]

[Prologue]

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

The night was settling in at the Three Broomsticks as Cedric brought himself to his room and flopped onto his bed with a tired yawn. It had been an incredibly long day from the time that the Inn opened up to patrons and he had been working the majority of it with Rosmerta non-stop. However, all his hard work, not with money of course, but with the reward of receiving a letter from Milo after over a week had gone by without any word from the boy. Obviously, Cedric didn't expect to receive a letter from Milo every day, but it certainly did make him feel better when he heard from his boyfriend.

It had been over a month since Milo left with Newt Scamander to begin his journey of learning under the author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, the famous magizoologist. It was one of Milo's aspirations in life to just meet the man, but when he finally did, Newt decided to up the ante and offer the boy an internship of sorts. Mainly, it involved Milo travelling to Brazil with Newt, his son Rhett, and his grandson, Rolf. They were exploring the Brazillian Rainforest that surrounded the wizarding school of Castelobruxo and they were having quite the adventure as Milo described in his letters.

Milo's first night involved camping out beneath the stars with the men and Rolf, as they were in close proximity to the school. He had described it as a beautiful castle, a beautiful temple-like establishment that appeared to be made of solid gold. To muggles, it looked like nothing more than abandoned ruins, overgrown with vines and deteriorating from the wear of weather, but it was nothing like that to those that possessed magic. As they slept outside of their tents, Milo confessed in his letters that he was fairly certain that he wasn't going to get an ounce of sleep while they remained in the rainforest, mainly because the creatures seemed so active during the night.

Especially the Caipora that surrounded the school.

In his letter, Milo described the creatures as "adorable, yet incredibly mischievous" as they continued to steal supplies from their camping grounds and hiding them all over the rainforest. It took Milo ages to recover several pairs of pants that the Caipora tossed into the trees. However, perhaps their adorable aspect came from their furry appearance as he claimed they looked like tall, furry, piglets. Then again, this was coming from a boy that found most things adorable like ugly little garden gnomes and dragons.

It seemed that while they were causing more trouble for the group than Peeves ever did while Milo attended Hogwarts, he already adored them and was attempting to pick up on their language. Cedric couldn't help but laugh that Milo had an easier time picking up the native tongue of the creatures easier than he did picking up basic Portuguese as he struggled to speak with the Magizoologist that were native to the lands. However, they did seem to hold some pity on the boy as they attempted to speak in English as much as possible.

Although as Milo told him in his last letter, that they had apparently given him a couple of nicknames whenever he started up with his ramblings.