Chapter 2 - Sandy Toes, Salty Kisses

Three hours later, Natasha woke to Steve rising from the bed and looking at his watch. He turned back to look at her, "We slept for over three hours."

Natasha lazily sat up in bed and yawned. "Wow, really? I could still sleep more."

"You hungry?" he asked. "Let's go see what's in the kitchen."

Steve walked his normal pace downstairs to the kitchen while Natasha padded behind him slowly, looking groggy.

He opened the refrigerator and his eyes grew wide at the site of all the food. "Babe, what are you hungry for? - There's like... everything in here."

"Surprise me," she said, slumping down onto a barstool and propping her chin up with her fists, gradually sliding her arms down flat and burying her face in them, yawning yet again. "Uhhhh, I don't know why I can't wake up."

"It's fine, just relax. We've had a busy couple of weeks," he said gently. "I noticed some chairs down by the beach, why don't we have dinner out there?"

***

The fresh, cool breeze by the ocean had Natasha feeling invigorated as she sat in the chair next to Steve. They sat and ate their chicken salads and listened to the waves roll in.

"Is it weird to be here alone?" he asked, given all the quiet they had at the moment.

"Well, I think you're supposed to be alone on your honeymoon," she said with slight sarcasm.

"Very funny," he smiled. "I just mean that there's no one else around for miles."

"Not a lot different than at home..." she said, not really finishing her thought.

"Nat, are you upset with me?" he asked, looking like his brain was working on a new level.

"Oh," she looked at him with a little frown, "No, Steve. I'm sorry if it came off that way. I think I'm still a little tired from the trip."

"It's okay," he said. "You all finished?"

She nodded and Steve stood up, reaching for her hand. "Come on..." Steve walked her down to the water's edge and stood behind her, enclosing her with his arms and resting his head down on her shoulder. She looked out into the clear water while the breeze cooled her skin but Steve's arms kept her warm. She walked in a little further and pulled him along until the water was up to her knees. When she turned in his arms, she pulled him down into a kiss. Steve moved a hand up into her hair and got lost in the connection, moving his face back and forth, kissing her passionately. Natasha started to laugh lightly, "Come up for air, Steve."

He grinned at her, "Sorry - everything's just so... perfect. Just got a little carried away."

"I liked it," she smiled. She pulled on his hand and walked deeper into the water.

"Hang on, baby," he said, trying to slow her down as she pulled. He managed to get his shirt off before the water reached it but Natasha was deep enough to be soaking wet now.

"Oh," her face dropped, "your phone isn't in your pants, is it?"

"No," he laughed. He walked up to her slowly with his arms moving towards her waist under the water. His little smile told her he was accepting of her shenanigans. "Mrs. Rogers, you are quite a handful this evening, aren't you?" He raised an eyebrow at her.

"What can I say? - I keep you on your toes," she said, reaching her hands around his neck. The water was over her shoulders and she was light as air now. She hung on to Steve as the light current pushed her into him.