Chapter 1

Badly Broken: Chapter 1

A/N - Hi everyone!! So I decided to pick up this story that I started back in 2017

Please make sure to comment and vote!! They are the only things that give me any motivation to write this story so please help me out a bit!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kai's POV

I spit the blood out of my mouth and wiped it with my sleeve. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Lucas getting back up.

"Ready for round two, huh." I chuckled as I turned to face him, seeing Lucas also wiping the blood off his mouth.

"Round two? Nah. I'm just getting started." He smiled with a devilish grin.

He ran at me with a spin kick that I tried to block but ultimately knocked me to the ground. I hit my head hard on the concrete of the school's parking lot. I groaned when I rubbed my face as I stood up, I could feel the blood dripping from the side of my cheek, and naturally, my only response to that was to give him something in return. I lunged at him but he grabbed me into a tight hold, keeping my arms contained. I jabbed at his side with my elbow over and over again until he had to let go. His guard was down, this is my chance. With one swift blow to the face, Lucas was stumbling backwards holding his eye which would definitely be all sorts of black and blue by tomorrow.

As we were both regrouping I noticed the crowd that had gathered around us. It appeared almost as if every single student at Silveredge High School was here to watch us fight. But that's not uncommon.

Every time Lucas and I fight a huge crowd randomly appears, but that's because here at Silveredge our fights are the equivalent of watching a sports game, just more bloody. And that's basically every Friday during lunch break, and sometimes the beginning of 5th period too.

Lucas and I are the toughest, scariest, and, according to what I hear every single girl say during class, the hottest guys in school.

Yep, that's me. The school's number 1 "bad boy", yes, I visibly cringe whenever I hear someone call me that too. Lucas and I have been fighting over "#1" since freshman year but every time we decide to battle it out we are either both so beat up we can't continue the fight or someone intervenes before a winner can be declared. So technically I can still say that I'm number 1, I'm just tied for number 1.

If you wanted to you could almost compare us to rival gangs, me being the leader of mine and him of his. Some people wonder how two juniors can rule the school, but once they see us fight they no longer have anything to wonder about.

Just as round three was about to start I saw someone pushing their way through the crowd with a nasty expression on their face... Mr. Denquits, the principal. He was a short and stubby middle-aged man who was overly obese for someone who only stood at 5'3. He was practically a midget compared to my muscular, 6'3 frame. I relaxed a little bit knowing what was coming next, a long, long lecture about how fighting never leads to anything good in life.

As he shoved and squeezed his way through a crowd, which almost all of was taller than him, he stood right in front of me and Lucas and put his hands on his hips.

He pointed his index finger at me and shouted, "Kai! What in God's name are you and Lucas doing?!"

He smacked me on the back of my head with his thick binder and then proceeded to do the same to Lucas. He ushered both of us to follow him into his office. As we walked through the halls Lucas and I didn't say a single word, just exchanged dirty looks.