XXV

Inertia Louis
I didn't want him to be embarrassed anymore it was kind of starting to annoy me although I have no idea why. So I told him to keep the teddy bear in his bag. When Ross said those things I swear I wanted to stab him in the eye with a butter knife (SHOUT OUT TO DIVERGENT). But I'm the boss here and I hate that I have to fake to being so sorted and cool.

"You are behind that?" Blake asked barging into my cabin.

"Blake I understand that we're friends and everything but umm... I'd like it if you maintain a more formal image in the office." I said.

"Wow, look who woke up in the wrong side of the bed today." Blake snorted.

"You're not going to comply are you?" I asked.

"Nopee." He said with a popping 'p'.

"Not like I have a choice." I rolled my eyes.

"So you did that?" He asked.

"By that if you mean the teddy bear Zach has been carrying around... Yupp. That was all me." I said.

"Wow, I'm amazed. He actually fell for you so quickly?" Blake asked.

"Not exactly... Remember the bet we talked about? The challenge game Zach and I were playing?"

"The one is which you had to kiss Aakash?"

"Yup. So I won the next game so I challenged him to do this."

"Way to go girl. You this isn't exactly the best thing to do right?"

"Yeah no... I know. But that's the only time we have a civil conversation. Otherwise we end up fighting."

"Okay I have no words."

"That's what I thought."

"I should really get back to work now. My partner is a gigantic pain in the ass." Blake winked before leaving.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The passed by casual and after 6 everyone started leaving. Only one person stayed back. Zach Miller. We decided to have our last and final battle in the office although I have no clue what the 'battle' is about. Once the office was fully empty, Zach came to my cabin.

"Ready?" He asked.

"What will it be this time?" I asked.

"This time is different. We're going to have a questions and answers round."

"So what exactly is this like?" I asked.

"It's like 20 questions but you go on asking until one of us doesn't answer a question. The one who doesn't answer a question looses." Zach said.

"Okay. Let's toss for the first question." I took out a coin and tossed it. Zach chose heads and heads it was.

"What's your favourite movie?" He asked.

"Mission Impossible."  I blushed.

"Ohhh... Never took you for the Tom Cruise type." He smirked.

"Your favourite TV show?" I asked.

"Doctor Who no doubt."

"Your favourite book?" He asked.

"Hunger games."

"Your favourite colour?" I asked.

"Blue." He replied.

"Ohh... I really took you for the black type you know." I said.

"Your hobby?"

"Boxing." I replied.

"Your favourite type of food?" I asked.

"Pizza 🍕"

"How many guys have you fucked?" He asked.

"14" I said.

"Wait what...? 14? Are you sure you don't have STDs?" He asked.

"Oh come on how many girls have you slept with?"

"4"

"Oh looky looky. Some one is inexperienced." I smirked.

"Yeah whatever tell me about your parents."

"N---no... Just please change the question." I stuttered.

"This will mean that you lose."

"Just please." I pleaded.

"Either you speak or you lose."

How could I let him know about my pathetic family? But if I didn't I would lose. I'm not sure I'm ready for this kind of shit. Heck I'm not sure if I'm ready to lose him either. I can't lose him when I've come so close to winning. But if I tell him he will never like me. No one will ever like me with the past I have. I'm messed up... Broken even.

"I can't. You win."

"I didn't think of you as the quiting type." He smirked.

"Please don't push it."

"Hey are you okay?" He asked.

"I should get going." I said bluntly and picked up my things.

"Ineria, I didn't mean to hurt you." He said.

"It's for me it was a game." I replied and walked out.

I sat in my car and pulled down the windows letting the cool breeze in. There were so many things on my mind I needed to let some out. Two things that I am scared of the most just happened to me. I had to confront my past as well as leave Zach forever. I drove to my house and went straight to the gym. It's almost midnight but I don't care. I have to let it out or the anger will consume me.

I put the white tape around my knuckles and stoop in front of the punching bag. Punch. Kick. Punch. Repeat. I kept going on and on and on. I kept going until all the thoughts left my mind, I kept going until my body couldn't take it, I kept going till my arms gave up on me, I kept going until my knees went weak. Exhausted I dropped to the flood. I waited for a while before helping myself to my bed. Even though I was exhausted, I left a voicemail for my sister.

Hey Ren it's me again. I'm sorry sister. I was being selfish. I should have understood how much you like sky. Just come back home please. I have no problems with you and sky doing whatever. I'll stop being the possessive sister I am. Just please come back home.

I knew she was listening but there was no reply. So I decided to sleep. Even though my body needed the sleep, it wouldn't come.

"One last time." I told myself and popped a sleeping pill and fell asleep.