Chapter 50

credits to   

"What the hell was that?" Tristan asks. "I don't know, actually." I admit.

As soon as I think Harry couldn't be anymore confusing, he does something like this. I don't know why he would want to drive me, but I'm sure I will find out him intentions soon enough. All I can do is hope for the best, I suppose.

"I can't believe that just happened! I mean Harry... the way he came in here, he was like nervous or something! Oh my god! And he offered to drive you to dinner.. wait who are you going to dinner with? And you thought you left something in his car, which means you have been in his car today? Or was he talking about yesterday? How did I miss so much?! I need details!" He rambles and takes a seat at the edge of my small bed.

I explain to him how Harry showed up here last night and we watched movies together and he fell asleep, then we went to look at cars today, I leave out all the details about his dad except for the fact that I'm going over to have dinner at his house. I am very thankful that Tristan is pleased with all the other details from today and last night that he doesn't ask to know more about Harry's dad.

"I can't believe he stayed the night here, that is a huge deal. Like Harry doesn't just stay places, ever. And he never lets anyone stay with him. I heard he has nightmares or something. I don't know, but seriously what have you done to him? I wish I could have recorded the way he looked when he just came here!" Tristan laughs, he's obviously very interested in my... friendship with Harry. I don't even know what to call what we are doing.

"I still don't think this is a good idea, but you seen to handle him better than most, just be careful." He warns again. I get the feeling that he has more to say but he fills his mouth with popcorn again.

What have I done to Harry? Nothing, surely. He just isn't use to being nice and for some reason he's being nice to me. Maybe just to prove a point that he can? I'm not sure and if I think about it any longer than thirty seconds it gives me a headache,

I bring up Steph and Tristan takes the conversation from there. I try to pay attention to his stories from last night's party, how Molly ended up shirtless (go figure), and Tessa beating Niall in a drunken arm wrestling match. He swears it was one of those things that are funnier when you are there. My thoughts drift back to Harry of course, and I check the clock to make sure I have enough time to get ready for tonight, it's four o'clock now, so I should start getting ready at five.

I ask Tristan if he could call Steph over so she can do my hair and makeup like she did yesterday.

Steph comes over in thirty minutes and is ecstatic because I asked her to do another make over on me. Not sure why I'm putting so much effort into looking good for a family dinner that I really shouldn't be going to, but I do anyway. She puts light makeup on me, so you can barely tell that it is there but it looks great. Natural but pretty, and she quiffs my hair the way she did yesterday.

Was that really just yesterday? It seems like much more time has passed since then. I decide to wear my maroon shirt and my loose khakis despite Steph's attempts to have me wear something from Tristan's closet. My clothes is familiar and conservative, plus this shirt is my favorite.

I'm more nervous for the ride to his father'a house than the actual dinner. I fidget with the hem of my shirt and walk around the room a few times before Harry finally knocks on the door. Both Tristan and Steph give me a strange smile as I pull the door open.

"Wow Louis, you uhm... look nice" he mumbled and I smile. Since when does he use 'uhm' I'm every sentence?

"You to have fun" Tristan says and Steph winks at me. Harry flips both of them off and they both return the vulgar gesture as he closes the door in their faces.