0 7

|Cassie|

I groaned when I opened my eyes to see the sunlight rays coming through my bedroom window. I grabbed a pillow and slammed it onto my face only to hear a slight meow, that's when I looked over to see Cress staring up at me from the floor. Hurt in her blue eyes.

"I'm sorry." I gave her a smile, but she didn't take it. Instead she walked over to the little feather toy and started playing with it.

I grabbed my phone to check the time and maybe hoping there was another text message from Kevin. There wasn't.

It's been two days since the last time we texted each other. I know that isn't a long time and that he might be a busy person; yet some part of me wished he would send a quick text saying something to brighten my day.

My door flew open and Clarke was staring down at me. Crossing her arms as I looked up at her.

"You going to get ready for school or is that not an option today?" She glared.

Today is the signing for that actor Clarke is obsessed with. Dad said if she wants the car, she had to take me. I was planning on going in the first place, but now I just am not up for the two hours car ride to the venue.

"Well nice to see you too." I mumbled. pulling myself out of bed.

"Good." She smiled, "come here Cress."

The white kitten looked up and trotted towards Clarke. Meowing as she followed her into what I'm guessing was the kitchen for food.

I cupped my hand in the sink. Rinsing off my face with the water before staring up at myself in the mirror. My dark brown hair were tangled up in tiny knots almost. Massive under eye baggage and too top it off, a small breakup of zits were forming just on my cheek.

After minutes of raking through my hair with a brush and covering my face with a slight coat of makeup doing a really good job on the acne breakout spot, I walked back into my room. I pulled over a flowy white top along with a lightweight red jean like jacket. I grabbed my brown boots and pulled them over my black leggings. After pulling my hair up into a bun with a few wisps of hair in my face, I grabbed my school bag and proceeded to head out the front door.

"Good morning Miss. Rodriguez!" Clarke waved towards the crouched down elderly woman by her bushes.

"Hello girls!" She smiled before standing up and walk in towards us. "Someone's in a good mood."

"Yup." Clarke was practically rocking on her heels like a little kid.

"Eso es bueno, wonderful. Good to see you smiling for once in the early mornings." She joked.

I let out a few laughs only to have Clarke jabbed me in the rib with her elbow.

"What's the big event?" She asked Clarke since I obviously wasn't having any of this.

"William Everest, who happens to be the hottest guy in the world according to everyone news and magazine outlets, has a signing and Q&A up at the Brooks Venue." Clarke was squirming in excitement.

"So I'm guessing Ralph won't have he's usual dog walker today?" Ms. Rodriguez turned to me.

"I'm sorry, I'll make sure to bring him a lot of homemade treats tomorrow." I smile slightly.