[75]

Jackson:

I looked at the ravenette who had his arms crossed. He had a look in his eyes which I couldn't read. It would be too much to call it angry but it definitely expressed some kind of coldness.

"If you want to scold me because Mark was in pain, you can save it for yourself." I just said before the younger male could even start to speak. He chuckled softly and shook his head.

"Why should I scold you for something that is not your fault? That would be senseless and a waste of time. I just want to make some things clear." He told me calmly and I raised my eyebrows.

I doubted that there were things we had to talk about. He was neither my friend nor someone I wanted to keep in touch with. "And what are those things?" I asked him leaning my back against the white wall.

"It's about Mark and the baby." He began and I gave him a sceptical look. Jinyoung was the last person who should tell me anything about my baby. He shouldn't act like he knew anything better.

"I doubt that you are in the position to give me any advice when it comes to my child." I said firmly and crossed my arms. The younger let out a dry chuckle. "You're right. That wasn't my plan." He told me.

"I only want to ask you a simple question and I want you to answer completely honest." Jinyoung looked directly into my eyes and I nodded although I was a bit sceptical. What could he want to know from me?

"Do you want to be the father for the baby?" He asked me completely serious. What should that mean? That wasn't even a question. I was the father of the baby. No one could change the facts.

"I am the father. That's the biological fact." I answered but the ravenette just sighed. "That's not what I mean, idiot." He said. "Let me say it in a different way." The younger continued.

"Are you absolutely sure that you want to take the responsibility for another human? And are you ready to make the baby the first priority in your life?" He slowly asked me. His eyes never left mine.

"Think about your answer and choose wisely. If you say yes, you won't be able to turn back. Mark will count on you if he is sure that you definitely want to be a part of the baby's life." Jinyoung told me.

"And you should know that I'm going to make your life a living hell, if you disappoint him." His voice got a bit quieter. I had to admit that I felt a small sparkle of fear but I quickly brushed it off.

I raised my eyebrows and chuckled. "So you're threatening me?" I asked sceptical and didn't expect to get a nod in response. "I am. He suffered so much because of you and I want to make sure that this doesn't happen again." He said calmly.

I looked up to the other male and grinned. "You seem to care a lot about her and Mark." I said in a slightly teasing tone. The expression on Jinyoung's face changed minimally but I couldn't exactly say in which way.

"Of course, I care. Mark is my best friend and my family. I've always taken care of him and therefore I feel responsible for him but also for his daughter. She belongs to him so she belongs to my family." He explained.

I nodded a bit. "That's great for you but that doesn't give you the right to threaten me although it doesn't scare me anyway." I told him casually but Jinyoung only shrugged his shoulders and smiled slightly.

"It isn't my intention to scare you. I just want you to know that I won't allow you to use Mark's kindness and let him do all the work with the baby while you're living your youth." He explained calmly.

"Does Mark know how bad you think about me?" I asked in a mix of scepticism and amusement. "I've told him. We are best friends. We don't have secrets from each other." He answered.

I rolled my eyes at this stupid we-are-best-friends-and-we-tell-each-other-everything shit. "Well then. And why does he still keep on counting on me if he knows about your opinion?" I asked him.

"We might share our secrets but we don't always have the same opinion. He thinks you deserve the chance to show him that you're actually a good guy. Normally I would agree with that. Everyone deserves a second chance."

"I would really like to give you one. But your actions are paradoxical sometimes. One day you love your baby and on the other you call her a burden. I can never be sure that you are telling the truth and that's why I don't trust you." He said.

I shrugged my shoulders and chuckled. "I don't care if you trust me. Mark trusts me and that's important because I have to be friends with him and not with you." I told him and looked at the younger.

"I know that he trusts you and as I said, I won't let you use this." Jinyoung told me again while his eyes showed that he was definitely serious. "That's good to know." Was my only answer.

"Look, I would love to kick you to the moon but Mark thinks you'll be great father. And I like him more than I dislike you. I will give my best to get along with you as long as you treat Mark and the baby right." Jinyoung looked at me.

We stared at each other in silence and didn't say anything. I knew that I had to get along with Jinyoung. He was Mark's best friend and they nearly spent every day with each other and I would have to see him more often.

It was Jinyoung who broke the silence. "So will you take your responsibility or not?" The younger asked again and I sighed heavily. Couldn't he just leave? This wasn't his business.

But I would answer him if he was so desperate to hear it from me. "I am going to take the responsibility for her. It's my child and I'm going to do what's best for her." I said. The ravenette nodded.

"I really hope you won't disappoint him and the baby. They count on you." Jinyoung turned around and made some steps away from me before he stopped and faced me again.

"And Jackson? Make sure that he eats and rests well. They both need it." He turned away from me again after he had said those words and walked down the hallway. I looked after him for some moments.

I looked at the door of Mark's room again before I finally walked back to the waiting area where Jaebum was still waiting for me. I felt a bit bad that he had to sit there alone but he had to drive me back home.

I felt very exhausted although I hadn't done anything today. It seemed like the worry because of my child had cost all my energy and I couldn't wait to get home and relax although I still felt a small sparkle of worry.

Thank you for reading ♡