5

Toya

I groaned as I felt intense pain in my head. My eyes fluttered open and I saw those pair of haunting blue eyes.

"T-Toya. Can you hear me?" I saw his lips moving his voice sounding so far away.

A few moments later I was able to clearly see his face and hear his voice. "Y-Yeah." I croaked out and attempted to sit up.

With his help I was able to sit back into my seat my hands cuffing my head. "What the hell happened?" I asked feeling a cool compress on my head.

"You fainted." Gabriel said clearing his throat.

"I have never fainted in my life. Did something happen?"

"You guys can go back to your duties, I've got it from here." He said. Looking up, I had just noticed we had acquired an audience in the diner.

Turning towards the table, I saw that somehow our food had already been presented to us. Despite my headache, I grabbed the milkshake and took a sip.

"We were talking about how I could help you out. With your little situation."

My mind went blank, what was he talking about. All I could remember was getting here. "I don't understand."

" I will give you a place to stay, where you will have no living expenses, and you can do whatever you have to do. Go back to college, start your own business, I don't really care. I just need one favor in return."

" What?" I asked. If he had a way for me to pursue my dreams, then by all means, let's do it.

" We have to get married. Tonight." He said while placing his arms around me.

I looked at them and looked back at him ignoring the tingles I felt in my arms. " Why?"

"You fainted when I told you this last time, I just wanted to make sure you wouldn't hit the floor again." He chuckled.

I nodded in a daze. He wanted me to marry him. Tonight. Is he crazy? Does he need medication or something? Is he high?

" I am not. And I think I would know if I needed some medication, since I am a doctor."

Damn, I said that out loud.

"So, you want to get married."

He nodded.

"To me?"

"Yes."

"Tonight?"

"Yes."

"No." I stated.

His jaw dropped in disbelief. "No?"

"No." I gave him a sarcastic smile. "Can I go now?"

"No?"

"No."

"But. Why?"

I rolled my eyes and took another sip of the milkshake. "Look you seem like a really nice guy. But I do not know you."

"You can get to know me."

"You sound dumb."

"Excuse me?" He sputtered.

I glanced around the diner and saw that everyone was now minding their damn business like they should have been doing moments before.