21: Beach Dares

21: Beach Dares

*-*-*-*

Oh my Goodness.

These girls. I should've known.

Sure, they're from the Orange Dorm, and at least they're one of the nicest persons I've met.

But what I was quite peeved about was how they admired Aomine.

Aomine this, Aomine that.

I should tell them to shut up.

But still, I should've known.

"Hey, Kaede-san? How is it being in the same room as Aomine-san?"

"It's fine, I guess. Really."

A knock on the door interrupted their swarm of questions, and I was more than grateful to skip to the door and open it.

"Yes?" I chirped. But soon my expression turned to that of a curious one, because the Head Representative of the Orange Dorm, Junichi, stood in front of me, a clipboard tucked under his arm. A polite smile was plastered on his face. And judging by a few brief encounters of mine with him, he's probably one of the most nicest ones here.

"Hey there, Kaede," he started. "I'm just here to inform you that there'll be a party tomorrow night. Everyone is invited, and it's optional for attendance. And," he pulled out a slip of paper; handing it to me. "This, is only for you. Present this to the bouncer later on." And with that, he gave me another polite smile and he was off.

Feeling awkwardness creeping through me, I quietly thanked him and closed the door. Back inside, both girls were busy squealing over the mesmerizing view of the beach, which gave me the chance to actually hide the paper. I didn't dare to tell them.

"Hey, Kaede!" Akira cheered, skipping back to me. "Everyone's coming down to the beach! Let's go!"

"Oh, sure!" I replied, smiling quite enthusiastically. "Let me just grab essentials."

"Mhm. In the meantime, we'll go get changed, and we'll go out together!"

I smiled, even though it didn't reach my eyes. "Alright."

After I packed all my essentials into a small pouch and changed into some more suitable clothes, I slipped into my flops and walked down with both Akira and Haruka.

The first thing that hit me right in between the eyes was the wind, which whipped my hair back. Thankfully, the sleeveless jacket I was wearing kept me warm, at least not leaving me chilling in the wind.

Both Haruka and Akira had already laid towels and pitched up umbrellas, and they stripped off their blouses and headed straight into the sea in their bikinis. I casually trudged to the empty spot that they had set up, sat down, and opened my book.

Well, about to.

"Aren't you going to swim?" The oh-so-familiar deep voice drawled out from my left. When I turned, I saw him smirking down at me. But what caught my attention was his body.

He was definitely hot.

No joke.

Water droplets trickled down his abs, framing them perfectly. His biceps contracted and relaxed, which added more to the ogle. His well-built chest was perfect against his tanned skin, making me wanna touchー

"Done ogling me again?" His smirk turned wider as I snapped out of it. Pink dusted my face, and I quickly buried my nose in my book. I skimmed through the paragraphs, just enough to take my eyes off him.