Chapter 24

ALEXIS

I stood there awkwardly for a few minutes before I snapped out of my daze and put the wooden spoon down. 

Was it going to be awkward between us again?

I shook my head and sighed. There was really no point in crying over spilled milk– it was best to continue as if nothing happened so I could protect my heart. I wasn't going to allow myself another heartbreak.

My wolf was quiet this whole time, and I knew she didn't want to say anything that would make me feel worse. I felt her happiness the whole time we kissed, and now, she seemed disappointed and angry.

 Angry with Hudson. 

"Alexis?"

I plastered a smile on my face when my eyes found Boston's, "Hey Boston."

He scratched the back of his neck, "Sorry to interrupt your thinking, but um, Hudson decided to change the meeting time and it's now at eleven."

My eyes widened and I flipped around to check the time on the microwave. 

It was ten-thirty. I only had half an hour to get ready!

"So what do people wear to these meetings?" I asked Boston, quickly making my way to the front door.

"It's very formal. Everyone wears suits and dresses."

"Great," I muttered and thanked him before I left the house. 

I was praying that either Lucy or Dorothy were at home so they could help me out. I had brought enough clothes to last me until today, so I pretty much had nothing to wear now, not to mention that my spares had mostly consisted of jeans and t-shirts. 

When I knocked on the door to his parent's house, Lucy opened it with a smug smile, "I thought you would come. I have the perfect dress for you."

I let out a relieved sigh, "Lucy, you're a lifesaver."

"I know."

She led me up to her room where she had two dresses laid out on her bed. She picked up the black one and handed it to me, "I've never worn this one because it was a size too big, but I think it will fit you just fine."

The smile on my face grew as I studied the dress carefully. 

It was perfect.

"You can change in the bathroom," she said, pointing at one of the doors to her right. I slipped into the bathroom and pulled the dress on carefully, making sure I didn't pull it roughly. The last thing I needed was to rip the dress.

Once I had it on, I turned to the mirror and adjusted the straps a bit. It was a good thing I decided to not wear a bra today because it definitely would show under the dress.

There was knock on the door, "Hurry up, Alexis. Stop staring at yourself in the mirror. We all know you're gorgeous." 

I laughed and open the door, "Look who's talking. Has anyone told you that you look like Audrey Hepburn with black hair?"

She rolled her eyes, "Believe me, they have. At one point, some of the pack members called me Audrey just to annoy me."

I chuckled and stepped outside, "I'll see you downstairs."

"Don't forget to be confident. You're the Luna so you better show those she-wolves that pine after my brother that they have nothing on you."

"She-wolves pine after your brother?" I asked slowly, and for the first time this morning, my wolf stood up and shook her fur out as if expecting to fight.