The Time Has Come

Kakashi pulled the door open slowly, peering out into the living room. Iruka was sitting in the same place he had been, worry written all over his face. Kakashi stepped out in front of him, Iruka glancing up afraid of what he might see. Kakashi gave a small smile and Iruka knew he was ready to finally see Yuki. With a nod between them Kakashi left on his way and Iruka watched as he faded into the distance.

I hope this is it, Iruka thought with a sigh, I hope she'll come home now. Looking up into the now dark night sky, Iruka leaned against the wall, this has to be the end.

Kakashi ran his way to Yuki's house, there was no more time to waste. Trees and animals blurring out of his way as he rushed past them. He had never felt so determined and everything, for once, felt right. He knew he was doing the right thing, he knew he had to try with everything he had to bring Yuki back to where she belonged, by my side.

Kakashi thought back on what it was like to have Yuki by his side during the missions they had completed; the scouting of the camp and the interrogation, all fawned memories with the possibility of many more. I won't keep her from ANBU now, she'll be by my side all the time.

Nothing could deter Kakashi from his sole purpose, bringing Yuki home. He had thought long and hard about what that would mean for him and the changes he would have to make. There would be no secrets, no lying, and not a moment would go by where he wouldn't remind Yuki of how much she meant to him. He swore to make all these things happen, he had wasted enough time and he was sick of it.

Once she is well enough, she can decide on the next stages of this, but she will never escape me. Kakashi laughed to himself, he knew he would never and could never leave Yuki after this. With his heart soaring, he sped quickly through the night, everything was right inside of himself now.

--------------------------------------------------------

Yuki moved slowly through the house, she had tried to eat some of Iruka's food, but nothing was working. She still felt weak, like every ounce of her was being drained away. She looked down to the seal on her finger, it was glowing. That's odd, Yuki thought with pause, I've only seen it do that when...

Her eyes grew wide and she quickly realized what that meant, he's coming.

A rush of every emotion hit her all at once. The sickness subsided, not entirely, but enough for Yuki to understand that she had to be well now. She couldn't help the way her heart was racing or how she felt her cheeks glowing, this was happening and she was actually excited.

With a swift glance around the room Yuki began cleaning and organizing. She could certainly not let Kakashi enter her home with it being in such a state. She moved faster than she had in months, putting the rest of the soup in a pot to boil and setting the table. I'm sure after such a long mission he would like to sit down and enjoy a meal.

Rushing turned to slow movements as the final touches were placed and Yuki was only left with her thoughts. What would he say? What would he do? What am I going to do?

She sat staring at the place set across from her, he's going to be here, sitting with me, and what am I going to say? There was a long silence in Yuki's mind, Yuki was waiting for a blast of thoughts, but they weren't coming. She was so used to being upset by the thought of this meeting that when the hatred and sadness didn't appear she almost felt lost.

With a smile Yuki realized, I have finally healed. I am finally ready to hear what he has to say.

She looked down to the seal again, it was still glowing, he was still coming for her. She smiled widely at the thought, I'm ready.