Chapter 23: Whoops

(Un-edited)

You blinked slow. With every flick of the eye, the more Jimin undressed near the foot of the bed.

"Leaving so early?" you asked, watching him start to put on new clothing for the day ahead.

He sighed, nodding as he did his belt slowly, his muscles flexing at his arms as you watched his bare torso work. The one thing you loved was how shy he wasn't now. More comfortable with his body around you, that connection you admired the most. His comfort; sure, he was awkward and adorable still, but getting used to you being there in standards that were complicated, and more than friendship was starting to grow on him and you watched that epiphany flourish every day.

Soon enough, he'd be most comfortable with you and you couldn't wait to be back. You couldn't wait to be back to your body. Alive, breathing, laughing and smiling for the world to see as real. You wanted to touch him and feel him for real, talk to him and hear about his day in real. You wanted to be with him while alive and if things went well, maybe grow old together one day.

You laughed at your own thoughts. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. First let's find a way back!

"I always leave now." He said with narrowed eyes. His smile was shy when seeing you crawl over in his shirt, never taking it off even though he had yours washed and ready to be given back.

Moving to the end, you wrapped your arms around his shoulders and brought him close. Your smile was adorable. "...and I always scold you for it."

Jimin stared at you close, his hands going to hesitantly hug you back. "It's sweet that you do, but no need to worry about me on a regular."

"You worry for me, I worry for you, that's how this works," You giggled out only to have your eyes widen playfully and purse your lips, "Whoops, that made it sound like we were in some sort of committed relationship, my apologies." Jimin grinned at you amusingly slide that in.

His smirk was still shy and only Park Jimin could make such a smug expression look cute.

"We'll talk about that when you wake up, make it official."

You puckered your lips. "Why can't we make it official now?"

"It'll be a distraction from what we're trying to do," Jimin said with a chuckle, "Remember? You're a captive in a holding cell that needs to be taken out as soon as possible? If we stay this way and don't focus on what's important I might actually lose you before I even got the chance to have you."

You giggled. "So, you do want me?"

Jimin looked in disbelief but his smile was still constant. "From everything I just said, that's what you chose to comment on?"

"Mhm." You puckered your lips again, wanting a kiss.

Jimin laughed, slapping at your arms as he tried to escape and move back. You whined, and his eyes squinted at you playing up better cuteness when in comparison to Hoseok. Jimin smiled, leaning in to give you what you wanted. He kissed you sweetly.

"Alright you leech," he teased, trying to escape again, "Let me get dressed for work."

"Can't you just kiss me some more and head to work naked?" you asked, wiggling your brows. Jimin glared over at you but everything about him was just as playful.

"They've already seen me naked near a couch that they all chill on, I'm sure I wouldn't want to scare them off more by showing up to the building half dressed."

You laughed, hugging Jimin's shoulders tighter so he would've break away. He gave in, chuckling lightly to himself before hugging you back around the waists for a little longer more. But instead of kissing like how you had proposed, the two of you just talked in that position.