Chapter 10 - "Flattery won't distract me today."

"What did you do?" Louis asked, the instant Sky walked in to his office the next morning. He was standing behind his desk, his arms crossed, a sour look on his face.

"It was Anders's fault," Sky said, "I told him not..."

"What did he do now?" Louis asked, cutting her off.

"I don't know but it usually is his fault," she said.

He stayed silent studying her. "Sit."

"I was just kidding about Anders," she said. "you know I like to make you worry."

"You're going to worry me right into gray hair."

"Judging by that glorious mane of black hair I don't think that is something you have to worry about."

"Flattery won't distract me today," he said. He sat across from Sky and studied her. "What did you do last night? After you left here?"

"I showed the concert documentary at the theater."

"And after that?"

"I hung out with some people up on the top deck."

"You didn't do anything else?" Louis asked, ignoring her admittance to breaking the rules.

All the crew knew he was aware that they went up on the deck at night. They also knew he didn't bother cracking down on them, that being the least of his problems.

"After that I just went back to my room and went to bed," she said.

"If you didn't do anything last night, how come Knox Hamilton's manager was in my office, first thing this morning talking to me about you?" he asked.

"Oh yeah, Knox got chased by some girls. Anders and I helped him out. He ended up hanging out with us," Sky said, as if it were an afterthought.

"What were you thinking?" he asked. Speaking like she had created a mess he would have to clean up.

"It wasn't a big deal. We helped him out. He just hung out, played a few games."

In general Louis was pretty relaxed with her, but he seemed to be stressed this morning. When he was stressed he usually took it out on the nearest breathing thing. She watched as he took in some deep breathes.

"There you go boss, find your center," she said. She folded her hands in a meditative way, trying to lighten the situation.

He glared at her for a moment before shaking his head. "Nothing happened?" he asked, as if he didn't believe her.

"Nothing." She tried to remember anything that would have caused Knox's manager to visit Louis.

"Well, you must have made an impression. Knox's manager requested you oversee his events for the remainder of the cruise," he said.

"What?" She frowned.

"You better get moving. You have an excursion you need to be ready for by nine." He held out papers. "Here are today's trip details. Come see me when you get back. I'll give you the schedule for the rest of Knox's events."

"Okay." She took the paper. She was surprised by the request but she wasn't going to fight it. Overseeing all of Knox's events meant she didn't have to hop around jobs anymore.

"Sky," Louis said in a warning tone. He held on to the paper a second longer, making her wait. "I don't know why this happened but I warning you, he is technically a customer. That means all the customer/employee rules apply. You know you're one of my favorites, don't do anything to change that." He gave her a stern look.