Chapter Sixteen|| Heat

{Aurora's POV}

"Son of a bitch!" I screeched as another wave hit me like a ton of bricks.

"We're almost to the room." Jackson said as he approached his room.

"I freaking hate being a girl." I gritted out.

He walked into the room sitting me on a couch and walked back shutting the door and locked it.

"Okay... okay." he mumbled to himself as he walked into the bathroom. I heard the shower cut on and he walked out and came over to me. I held my side groaning. This was the worst.

"Can you stand or do you want me to carry you? You need to get in cold water to counteract the heat. It will cool down your body temperature for a while. Once that's cool your body temp will start to rise back up and you'll heat the water. Ill take it from there." He said and I just nodded not really caring.

I stood shakily and he wrapped an arm around my waist helping me to the bathtub.

"Do you want me to sit with you?" He asked and I nodded already feeling relieved from his touch.

"Gotta admit, this was not the way I'd imagined us to be in the shower together." He joked as we got in and I laughed sitting back against his chest.

"I don't have the energy to make a smart remark." I said sleepily already feeling the heat seize.

My clothes clung to me and made me hate this so much more.

"We were taught this you know." He told me and I looked up at him confused.

"What?"

"All us alphas were literally taught how to treat your mate when she goes into heat. There are steps we're supposed to take. This is step one. Step two is just basically helping ease the pain." He said and I let out a snort.

"That had to be an awkward lesson." His chest vibrated with laughter.

"Indeed it was." I patted his arm playfully.

"Well you're doing a mighty fine job." I joked.

"Well thank you m'lady." I smiled at his corniness.

I winced as it felt like small pin like needles were started to slowly stab me again. This blows.

"Im sorry." I heard him say and he placed a kiss on my shoulder. The spot burned but in a good way.

"This is just the Moon Goddess being a bitch." I told him.

"Maybe so." he replied and I just wanted to curl up into a ball and cry. It was that bad.

I groaned once more as another wave struck and this time it was worse than before. I held onto the sides of the tub grinding my teeth together.

"Tell me if you want me to stop." Jackson said and I was about to question what he was doing when I felt his lips on the side of my neck. The heat instantly dulled and I turned my head giving him more access.

His lips trailed up to my jaw lightly placing small kisses. I felt him nip at the part he was supposed to mark me making me grin.

"Better?" Asked asked his lips next to my ear and I just hummed in response.

"Come on, lets get you changed." He said softly and I groaned in protest as he started to stand pulling me up with him.

The pain was still there but dull. I was used to pain worse than what I felt now. I can take it for another couple hours I guess.