╟ Chapter 122: Teaming ╢

"Doflamingo......Dunno who it is" said Luffy.

"Didn't you meet him at the Marine HQ?" pointed out Smoker, and your captain's expression turned pensive.

"Wait. Is it the guy who wears too much pink?" you deadpanned, and the man grunted in displeasure.

"That's him"

"Oh, back then! That bird-guy, huh?"

"You shouldn't take him lightly" warned Law.

"Rumor has it that after the showdown at Marineford...he also attacked Moria" told Tashigi.

"Moria?" repeated Luffy in disbelief.

Minutes passed without anyone speaking, Monet and Vergo simply having tea casually. You deadpanned when the spoon the man used to pour cream in his cup stuck against his cheek. One door of the room opened and Caesar entered, earning the attention of the false Marine who shot him a look over his shoulder:

"When are you going to begin the experiment, Caesar?" Vergo demanded.

"Shortly...Monet, begin the transmission" ordered the gas man as the harpy nodded her head and flew to the Den-Den Mushi. "I really wish that you would keep your subordinates under control, Vergo. I broke into a cold sweat when Smoker came here"

"You're right. He's a wild dog that can't be leashed"

"But that's all behind us, isn't it? Serves you right, Law! Shurororo!" nagged the scientist, approaching the cage. "You were helpless against Vergo, weren't you? The deal I had with you was useful, by exchanging your heart with my assistance's. I've always believed that you can't trust anyone. You reap what you sow, as they say. You must have already found out...that now, Vergo has your heart"

Said man advanced forward and pulled out from his pocket a violet cube with a beating heart in it. Vergo simply squeezed the cube like it was some kind of squishy toy. Law's breath caught in his throat, and howled in pain as he threw his head back, trashing wildly. Luffy stared at him in panic, demanding what's happening to the surgeon.

"I suppose that even you couldn't have expected...that Monet's smart enough to change her appearance and follow you" continued Caesar. "She overheard everything that you guys are planning. I'm disappointed, Law. I thought we'd finally become very good friends"

"Heh" scoffed Law, a smirk appearing on his lips. "So you were saved by your exceptional secretary? I should've paid more attention to her. I let myself become sloppy because you're such a blundering idiot"