Chapter Eight.

Jasmine's POV--------

"All I remember was falling down the stairs. I couldn't remember what we were arguing about. " I told the doctor.

The doctor just recently told me that I just lost my baby , because of me falling.

"Did he push you?" He asked.

"I told you I don't remember!" I yelled. "I barely remember anything that happened."

"Okay calm down Ms.Penelope?" He said confused.

"It's Jasmine!" I corrected.

"I'm sorry , I must have the wrong patient , so you're Jasmine what? What's your last name?" He asked.

"Welkins." I smiled.

"Okay , I'll be back with your file Ms.Welkins."

"Mrs.Welkins , doctor." I said.
He nodded and left the room and in came Davon.

"Hey what did he say?" He asked rushing up to me.

"He told me I lost the baby." I said.

"Really? Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry" he tries to hug me.

"No. No. Don't touch me. It's not like you wanted the baby any damn way." I mugged him.

"Okay , I'm sorry Mrs.Welkins , I have no file of Jasmine Welkins here at this hospital. Im sorry-"

"Wait. Mrs.Welkins?" Davon said looking at me.
"You told the doctor your last name is Welkins?"

I bit my lip , "That's what I changed my name to."

"What the hell Jasmine?!" He was furious.

"I'm sorry. Doctor could you try Penelope Jones." I said, trying not to say it too loud.

My real name was Penelope Jones. I have a whole different life behind that name. I changed it when I decided to fake like I was moving out of my mom's house. She's still looking for me til this day.

"Penelope Jones? Is that really your name?" Davon asked.

"Yes Davon! That's my real name! Okay? Everything about me was a lie. I didn't graduate from Howard! I didn't actually get kicked out my mom's house, and I never knew how to draw , design none of that shit!" I confessed.

"So where did the designs come from?" He asked.

"I'd pay a friend of mine. She was really fancy with the designing shit."

He shook his head , "You are one crazy person Penelope or Jasmine or whoever you are! It's fucked up how you disguised yourself just to tear my family apart."

"I know. I'm sorry , but you're not the only family." I smirked.

"What the hell? Who else have you done it to?" He asked.

"A couple others from different company , in different cities , different areas." I said.

"I want you out of my house , out of my life, or your shit will be in the curve." He spat.

After being at the doctor's office and removing the baby out of me , I was sort of relieved. I got my clothes from Davon's house , it was bitter sweet.

"Here." I said giving him a card.
"What's this?" He asked helping me move my bags into my car.

"My friend's number. The one I got the designs from , she'll be a perfect fit in the company." I smiled.

He looked at me weird.

"Oh she's not like me. She's very smart and prettier." I joked.

"You're smart too." He said.