10. Bloody Consequences

A/N- I hope you're going to like this intense and really emotional chapter ;) Dedication to posion_polar_bear ❤️

Loki presses his lips together, mentally questioning why he all of sudden cares so much about Aurora's opinion. The moment is tense and the silence awful, especially with her naive eyes that look at him in the same way his mother does. Aurora shudders at the thought of him being that cruel, that vicious but she doesn't have more time to be shocked. Without a warning, Fortuna fires a pin which lands on her back, electrifying Aurora. She cries in pain, the fire spreading through her veins in her body and burning like hell.

As she lands on the ground, Loki gets dragged down as well, feeling sparkles of the electricity and he clenches his teeth. Aurora is stunned by the electric pin and jerks along the sibilance, tears gathering in her eyes and she receives a worried glance from Loki, but maybe this is only a figment of her imagination caused by her blurring vision. She pants heavily, every breath is stabbing her chest. The pain is overwhelming and her heart aches like hell.

"You ruined everything." Fortuna kneels down to eye Aurora properly, vengefully spitting the words in her face while two of the soldiers are holding both prisoners. "My reign, my power, my authority. So I'm gonna ruin your everything. Did you really think that I needed four days to catch you? No, I could've got you immediately but I didn't, because I had to get her first. She never landed on Xandar."

Aurora's eyes widen, the realization hitting her like a punch and panic settles in her stomach. Her heart drops to her toes and she refuses to believe Fortuna's words. No, please, don't tell me it's true. Please, don't let it be true. If it was true, everything would've been for granted. The waiting, the hope, the trial, everything.

"W-What?"

"I have 0371." She clarifies with a vicious smirk and motions her guards to show the slave girl.

The rest of the guards shove Ophelia towards Aurora and she lands with a muffled yell on the ground, her mouth covered with tape. She was behind the Kree soldiers the whole time but couldn't escape or warn them. Aurora's eyes send the slave girl a concerned glance, forcing herself to at least sit up, even though it's painful. Loki meanwhile watches the whole scene, especially how much the redhead struggles to sit up, yet doesn't give up and fights.

The soldiers remove the tape from her mouth and Ophelia starts to cry utterly, tears dwelling from her eyes and a sob escaping her lips. "I-I'm so sorry, Miss Aurora, I-I really tried..."

"Hey, shh, it's fine, alright?" Aurora tries to sound hopeful and really does her best to comfort the girl but her voice is breaking. "Everything's gonna be okay, I promise."

"What an adorable family you two are." Fortuna comments with an exaggerated sweet tone. "It makes me barf. But now you'll receive your punishments."

"I'm begging you not to harm her, please, she's just a child, an orphan. She still has to live her life, she's so young." She tries to spare Ophelia who's crying on the ground, terrified to death, "If you want an apology, you'll get it. I'm sorry for interrupting your trial, I promise you'll never have to see me again, but please, don't hurt Ophelia."

"Ophelia? Now she even has a name although she's not worthy?" The Mistress huffs and the slave girl squints her eyes in fear when the woman orbits her like a predator its prey. "I don't want your apology, it means nothing to me."

"What do you want?" Loki hisses unpleasantly, his emerald eyes forming a glare. He might be able to be a monster but even this action is not justified for him, even this leaves him in disgust. Aurora was right. The God of Mischief relates to this slave girl more than he should; He also was meant to die when he was an infant.