Chapter Thirteen

"No!" Gary's voice rings out. I turn my head and see that he is yelling at Jennifer. "When he falls off the ropes, do not walk over until they start laughing! Understand?"

Jennifer's face reddens and Gary pulls at his hair. She nods her head slowly, and goes back to her place. I go back to my place behind Alexander.

"Ready! Take nineteen!" Gary yells.

Poor Josh climbs up the rope bridge again, and then plummets against the mat on the ground. Jack lets out a small laugh, and Leven, Xander, and I join in a little.

Jennifer strides over to Josh and crouches beside him. "Go pick up that weight thing over there."

"What?" Josh asks, looking where she is pointing. "But Haymitch said-"

"I don't care what Haymitch said. Those guys are looking at you like you are a fool. Throw it." Jennifer says before getting up.

We snicker between each other as Josh gets up and goes to the "weighted" ball. The cameras follow him and block my view.

When I hear the ball hit the floor, the cameras in front of us light up. I put on the best impressed look I have, and then Gary yells cut.

I take a seat against the wall as the cameras move over to take footage of Josh and Jen training. Our off-day yesterday was definitely not enough.

Alexander and Jack sit on either side of me. I pull at the edge of the spandex costume. These are extremely uncomfortable.

I can't help but notice how all the guys look amazing in the shirts. They hug tightly against their bodies, exposing the muscles beneath. Especially Xander; he has put on so much muscle since the first cast reading.

I zone out for a little bit until I hear my name being called. I get up and run over, being told to stand in a line behind Jen. It's a quick, 5 second shot until I am told to go over to the knives.

I pick up three off the table and walk I front of the targets, doing the three simple maneuvers and letting them fly. They don't hit the actual targets. I guess the editors will edit it as if they actually did.

I am told that I am done for the day, and walk back to wardrobe. I can't help but watch Alexander as he is being filmed slashing at dummies. He fits the part of Cato perfectly.

I walk past Jack pretending to throw the spear. He was only taught the form of throwing. He never actually throws it.

Leven does have to shoot the bow, though. The arrows just clatter to the ground whenever she releases.

I go back into wardrobe and change back into my previous outfit before leaving the gym. I decide to wait for someone, and then end up getting a ride back with Dayo.

Dayo sits with me in the back of the cab, gulping down his bottle of water. We have to begin the stages of the bloodbath scene tomorrow.

I'm actually looking forward to it, I'm just afraid that it won't come together as they expect it to.

When we get back to the camp, I run out of the cab to our trailer. I was so ready to be done filming today.

When I get inside, I take out a slice of pizza from the few nights before. I lay on the couch and pick up my cell phone.

I see that I have a missed call from my mom, and decide to call her back. I haven't even really talked to her while I have been filming.

"Isabelle! Hi! How is everything? Are you alright?" my mother bombards me with questions upon answering the phone.