Chapter 11

"Kids. Up, up! Come eat! You have school today." Cordelia called as she plated deer sausage and eggs onto plates. Pierce set the table as the kids groaned and slowly trudged into the dining room. "Good morning my darling angels." Cordelia said as she set plates in front of each child. They all mumbled morning.

Cordelia sighed. "Do I need to inject coffee or something into your veins? I bet Kaden had picked the coffee beans by now and is starting to ground them." Pierce teased. Cordelia shot him a glare. "We don't need the elders to bring our children back because they were too rowdy. I can see if Luka would in a year or two but not the younger kids." Pierce chuckled. "Anyways. Eat. You're gonna be late to school." Cordelia said.

Luka picked at his food with the fork and pushing it around. Cordelia looked up at him. "Aren't you going to eat, Luka?" Cordelia asked him. Luka looked up at her but back at the food. His stomach churned. "I'm sorry." He mumbled before pushing the plate away and getting up and exiting the dining room. Cordelia sighed and started to get up but Pierce grabbed her wrist. "I got him." He told her quietly before standing and following Luka.

Luka already changed to wolf form and was laying down on the grass outside. He was tempted to run away but he thought laying down for a second was a better idea. "Hey, bud. What's up?" Pierce asked as he sat down next to Luka and lightly pet his back. Luka snorted air through his muzzle and the grass under his nose blew around. "Just not feeling it this morning?" Pierce asked. Luka whimpered and looked up at Pierce. Pierce gave him a small smile. "Why don't you change back and we can talk?" Pierce asked.

Luka refused and rolled onto his back. After a minute, he did, and spread his arms and legs out onto the grass, the scars on his back aching slightly at the stretch. "What's wrong, Luka?" Pierce asked. Luka sighed. "I don't know. I just don't feel hungry." He said. He wasn't wrong, but there was something. That something was Olivia asking about his scars. He didn't want to get harsh with her but he didn't want her to really know why he had them. In his opinion, she was too young to know.

Pierce sighed. "That's not the whole truth, Luka." Pierce told him. Luka looked up at Pierce. "Olivia asked." Luka said. "About what?" Pierce furrowed his eyebrows. "The scars on my back." Luka said, turning over onto his stomach, unintentionally showing Pierce the scars. "She saw them when I exited my room last night to talk to mom. And she asked when I got back. I got mad and I wish I hadn't." He sighed.

Pierce gently ran a finger down one of Luka's bigger scars. It was brownish in color and the skin was slightly raised. "Whenever I exercise or stretch my back too much, they start to ache. I sometimes forget about them and forget how I got them but sometimes whenever they do ache, memories flood back." Luka said so quietly, Pierce could barely hear him. Pierce sighed. "I wish what happened never happened. I wish that he was actually a nice guy and be the father I wanted." Luka paused and looked up at Pierce. "But at least I have the father I wanted, now."

Pierce smiled. "Well I'm glad that I could be a good father to you." Pierce told him. Luka lightly smiled up at Pierce. "Hey. How about you and I just hang out today? I could talk to the elder teaching your class about your homework." Pierce suggested. Luka thought about it but nodded. "Okay. I'll go take your siblings to school and talk to the elder." Pierce said and got up and walked into the house to see his four younger children ready for school.

"Hey. Where's Luka?" Cordelia asked. "He's outside." Pierce said. "But he isn't dressed for school." Cordelia said. Pierce shrugged. "I think he has stuff going through his head right now. I doubt he can pay attention during class. So I told him that I'd get his homework and him and I would hang out and then he'd had to do his homework."

Cordelia sighed. "Okay. But just for today. He shouldn't get used to not going to school. Take the others to school. Brian just called, asking for me. So I have to see what he wants." Cordelia said. Pierce grabbed Rosalia. "Okay, kiddos. Let's get you to school." Pierce said and started to leave. "Ahem. Mr. Eldred. I think you're forgetting something." Cordelia teased, crossing her arms.

Pierce chuckled. "I'm sorry Mrs. Eldred." Pierce said and grabbed Cordelia with his free hand and kissed her. "Ewwww!" The triplets and Olivia giggled in unison. Cordelia chuckled. "Boo hoo. You're fine." Cordelia said and looked up at Pierce.

Maybe we could send the kids to Brian's or Kaden's tonight and I could give you a little present? Cordelia mind linked to Pierce. Pierce slightly blushed. I knew you'd like it. Cordelia mind linked again and winked before ushering him and the kids out. "As much as I love you all, please get out of this house. You're gonna be late." Cordelia said and pushed them out.

She looked down at Luka who was fast asleep on the grass. She sighed and gently picked him up. His body was lanky and everywhere but he was fairly light for 15. She carried him in, laid him on the couch and covered him up, giving him a kiss on the forehead.