Chapter 12

"Time to go back to the team." Tony muttered grumply.

Tony steped into the meetingroom quietly.

"We can't do so! That will lead to hundreds of deaths!" Bruce roared. He was looking a bit green.

"Calm down, Banner. We're just pondering our options." Fury replied.

"Kill innocents is never an option." Said Steve coldly.

"Why don't we ask Tony for ideas?" Said Natasha.

On cue, all the team turned to look at Tony.

"You're back." Clint stated.

"Yup! Sorry for that, I'm pretty sure you all missed me immensely." He mocked.

All of them rolled their eyes, however, some smiles could be seen.

"What made you change of mid, Stark?" Asked Fury.

"Piper McLean, one of Percy's friends."

"Friends as in that guy Nico or normal friends?" Asked Clint.

"Dead friends." Answered him.

"What do you mean dead?" Bruce asked.

"Ya' know, dead. It was a ghost or something." Tony explained. "However, she said that Peter isn't dead, and seems like Percy and Wanda aren't too."

All of them smiled and Fury let an unnoticeable sight of relieve.

"That's good news." He said.

"Indeed." Replied Natasha. "But why aren't they here?"

Tony shook his head. "I don't know. Piper said that Peter wouldn't come back alone, so I suppose we will gain some allies."

"More good news." Steve smiled. "But we need a plan to do something."

Clint entered the conversation. "What if we find that guy we visited when Percy gave us our weapons? I think his name was Grover. That guy should still be in Central Park. We can ask him if he know were Percy is."

"That's a good idea." Said Fury. "Avengers, go to Central Park and find this guy. Dismissed."

As they were stepping out of the room, Steve pated Tony in the back.

"Sorry about what we said the last time." Said Steve.

"As much as I hate to admit it, you were right. We have no time to loose." Tony replied, gritting his teeth to add more dramatism.

Steve laughed. "You're childish, Stark."

-----

The Avengers walked through Central Park. They had asked some Nimphs where to find Grover and were really surprised to know that he was the Lord of the Wild.

When they found him, he was helping some Naiads with their rivers.

"I know! But I can't call Percy now, he is doing some job with the war." The half goat said.

The Naiad was about to respond when she saw  the Avengers. She, then, hid back into her lake.

Grover turned to see the group. As he recognized them, his face turned stoic.

"What do you want?" He said harshly.

The team was surprised at his unfriendly behavior.

"Chill, man!" Tony said. "It's not like we killed your dog or something."

Grover's jaw clentched. "You shared to the world something that was supposed to be hidden. You have endangered all the demigod kind. And you dare say you did nothing?!" he hissed. "You know how hard has been for me to keep all this going?! The media wanting to interview Nature Spirits, policeman coming to kill us and why? Because Percy had the amazing idea to reveal us all. Oh, joy."