⟅Chapter 15⟆ Something about Natalie

NATALIE DAVIS
NOVEMBER 20, 1990

It's been EIGHT whole months since the last time I saw my sister and Tonya. From what I heard she's carrying Devante's baby. They've been hanging around each other a lot, so I just kept my distance and let them be. Speaking of Devante his birthday was two months ago. They had a small party, nothing to major because he really didn't know anybody yet. My bandmates have been quite distant, plus they keep giving me weird looks excluding Princess. She's the only one who still talks to me and I appreciate her because they've been acting real fake lately and I haven't done anything to them. Anyway, me and Elgin decided to take a break because I can't balance a relationship and my career. At least not right now, I can't have too much stress on me. I've told him about the threesome I had with Tonya and Devante. Surprisingly he wasn't upset at me, although he said he was a little disappointed he handled the situation so well. I cheated and he handled it so well?!?! If it was the other way around, I would've beat the girl's ass and his ass.

I haven't decided to go back home yet. I'm just not ready to step foot in their yet. I did call my mother a few times and she said she understood where I was coming from, she just wants to see me in person. Speaking of home i've  found one in October. It's a 6 bedroom house with 6 bathrooms including a basement. Honestly I'm blessed that I was able to afford this house. I've even asked Princess to move in with me and she was happy too. It nice living with a friend, a friend who isn't fake. Speaking of friends, Desire had her baby girl. She still never told us who was the father but overall I'm happy for her. Kiana did as well I've heard from my mother that she had a boy. And for Briana she's still pregnant, but she's due soon.

We as in Unknown have released our second album which is self titled. We each have our own interludes. There's twenty-two tracks on the album which is four more than what 'Lust' had. The album went triple-platinum in less than three weeks. We were all shocked when we found out. This week is the BET awards and next week we have a Soul Train performance. Ive already figured out my outfit for the night. Since it's going to be cold, I've decided on a navy blue long-sleeve shirt supported by a black bomber jacket, black baggy sweatpants, and my customized navy blue Air Force ones. As for my hair and makeup my hair will be in its curly state it's in almost everyday, my makeup I'm going for a normal look and my eyes will be covered with black shades.

As for myself and how I've been doing, I'm doing ok. I've been smoking a lot of chronic lately because I've been feeling quite sad. I've been having little nightmares of my dad choking me in my sleep and me over dosing on steroids. I should get help but I don't want other people in my business.  My past is slowly making its way into my present and I don't know who's the one going to stop it. I believe the encounter with Kiana made me think about it a lot than I usually do. And I hate her for that.

Lighting my second blunt of the day, I took a long drag from it and inhaling its bitter yet addicting smoke then releasing it into the atmosphere. Every puff I took it seems as though my problems went away. The beat of the song 'Sanctuary', a song I've been working on for some time, added to my mood and created a nice vibe. Even though I didn't have anything scheduled for today, I still have to make songs. Getting lost into my thoughts my Little session to my session was interrupted by some coughing and a loud smack. Opening my eyes and lowering the music, I turned to see Dalvin who was rubbing his back, K-Ci, JoJo, and Devante.

"What's up?" I asked wondering why they were in here.

"Uh, well we we're wondering if you wanted to get something to eat with us, if you want" K-Ci said. I've been craving a burger for a while. So since's the offer on is on the table I might as well.

"Um sure. Let me just put this out and lock up. I'll meet y'all outside" I said smiling slightly then turning to the ashtray putting out the blunt then putting it in a ziplock bag for later.

"Uh Nat?" A smooth deep velvet like voice called me making me stop. I turned to face Devante who lowered his shades and came closer to me.

"For the song you were just playing, You should have someone with a low but deep voice on it because it fits for the song" He suggested. Thinking about it, he was actually right. Someone with a low monotone would be perfect for the song.

"Hey, Uh would you be up for it?" I asked him. He stayed quiet for a little while before answering.

"You sure? I mean I don't necessarily have a singing voice, I mean I can sing but I prefer not to." He said and I smiled slightly.

"I'm sure and you don't need to sing, I'm cool with you using your regular voice" I said and he nodded.

"But I don't think I'll be releasing this anytime soon." I said.

"Why not?"

"Well I want to wait until I go solo only if I ever do" I said. I have been thinking about going solo for the longest. I know that we just became famous but the truth is I didn't even want to be in this group originally. It was just going to be Me, Princess and Bianka. But Desire just had to tag along. She has a nice voice but she isn't capable being able to write down verses with or without rhyming. No shade just the truth.

DEVANTE SWING

"Man stop playing and pass the ketchup" I said to Dalvin who was making smiley faces on his burgers. He's so fucking childish.

"Oh be quiet I'm done anyway" He said handing the ketchup bottle over before he sloppily ate his burger. Pouring the ketchup on top of my fries, I placed it back in the holder before saying a quick grace. Before I dug in my focus was on Natalie who hadn't even touched her food or drink. I wonder what's wrong with her. I got her attention by tapping my fork on her glass, she lifted her head and those pretty hazel eyes met mine. I mouthed 'what is wrong' and in response she just shrugged her shoulders. Continued to play with the chicken salad in front of her. How can people eat that? So plain and healthy. Get some grease and junk in your lives. Thinking of something that might cheer her up, I leaned across the table and whispered it in her ear. Pulling back, her mouth hung agape and I smiled. She quickly ate her salad and I chuckled. She's definitely going to love this.

Ok, from now on the format will change and some chapter may be longer so I'm going to wait a few days before posting. I'm going to skip to the awards in the next chapter. Take care!