What Are We

Fan Cover by @CaramelCrumbs

Julie's pov:
The boys and I, well except for Ashton, decided to head to the Waffle House after the match.

It was kinda awkward though because Zander wouldn't really say anything. So that lead Jake and Luke to start the conversations and the topics didn't really...spike my interest.

Luke kept taking about all the girls he would date this year, and Jake was talking about sports.

The only decent person would probably have been Damien, but even for him, he stayed more quieter than usual.

I decided to leave shortly after arriving when my mom texted me that her and dad are home so I said my bye's to the boys and left.

And now, here I am, sitting on my couch being bored out of my mind.

It was 4:00, and tomorrow would be my last weekend day, Sunday, until I would have to go back to school.

I start to think of all the events that happened earlier today.

Just this morning, I was being woken up by Ashton Rider.

Oh I'm sorry, THE Ashton Rider.

And the boys who I met, and called me their friend.

Did the boys really consider me as their friend?

I want to believe them, I really do, but maybe the fear of being rejected makes me be somewhat doubtful that it even meant anything.

Do I want them to be my friends?

Well... I think so.

They were actually really nice, and I feel so bad for judging them in the hallway because of the fight.

But I mean, if they did forget about me, I would at least still have Gianna.

Gianna.

Crap!!

I forgot to call Gianna!!

I quickly scramble in my bag to find my phone to see that I had 4 missed calls and 18 text messages from Gianna.

Hey
How you doing?
Wanna talk?
Hellllo human being!!!
Answer your phone!!
Please please please pick up.
IM ALL ALONE AGAINNN

Yeah, that pretty much sums up all the text messages I got.

I just decide to call her since it would be easier on my part.

I wait a couple of seconds before the other line picks up.

"Hello" I hear from the other end of the phone.

"Hi..." You know, the innocent voice you make when you know you did something you feel guilty for.

"Julie!!!" She says loudly into the phone.

This is why I don't call people very often.

"The one and only." I joke.

"Why haven't you been answering your phone?"

"Um... I was a little busy."

"Oh okay. So wanna hangout before school starts on Monday?"

I mean, if I declined the offer I would for one feel tremendously bad, and two, I think I really want to get to know Gianna more than just my friend from school.