Truths

Aliana's POV

"What did you mean when you called me your mate?" Kassandra asked.

I looked at Fen for the answer but he had hidden his face at the back of her neck.

"What do you mean?" I asked trying to make her think she had misheard.

"When you were threatening Chelsea, you said that the only reason you won't kill her is because of your mates kindness. I just assumed you were meaning me because I was the only one there with you. Was I wrong?"

I looked at her for a minute to see if she was ready for the truth.

"You're gonna have to tell her sooner or later." Fen said pulling his head from her neck, when I glared at him he put it right back.

I nodded my head at her and gestured for her to continue towards the room.

When we got to the room, Fen settled down on the bed, Kassandra sat next to him and I sit next to her.

I take a breath before I begin.

"To answer your earlier question, yes, you are my mate."

"What does being a mate mean?" She asks interrupting me.

"I was getting to that." Is say giving her small smile and patting her hand.

I felt the sparks shooting between us and knew she could feel it too.

"And what's with the wierd sparks when we touch and sometimes I swear I get lost in your eyes, and hmmm."

I place my hand over her mouth to stop her from continuing.

" I'll answer everything, just give me a second." She nods and I remove my hand.

"You first have to understand that I thought that I was the only one of kind around. We searched the entire galaxy for more like me, me and Fen. He actually comes from a planet seventy light years from here that we named Onari. I found him while I was searching for more of my kind. I put a shield around the planet so that none can enter without my say so and built a little settlement for Fen and myself. That was about, how long ago Fen?"

"About six thousand years ago". He says stretching out.

"Your over six thousand years old?" Kassandra asks eyes wide.

"Yes, and I spent more than double that searching before I found Fen. So anyway after leaving Onari we travelled another seventy years before we found earth, but what we wern't counting on was earth's gravity being so light."

Fen starts chuckling and I shot him a dark look.

"Aww come on Ali, it was pretty funny. Have you ever wondered how the grand canyon was made?" He asks still chuckling. He points at me still laughing.

Kassandra mouth is hanging open.

"After we crashed here we watched as the humans evolved and grew but still we found no evidence of anyone else like me. We were about to move again soon until I saw you in that alley."

"I thought that was you but I wasn't sure. Where is that enormous wolf you were with?" She asks and I point to Fen.

"You?" She asks him wide eyed.

"At your service milady." He gives a puppy bow.

"When my beast saw you, she started going crazy and I had to come find you. I saw that you were with hunters so we came here for you, but when I found out what was going on and how you were being treated here I went a little crazy."

"Is that why everyone was acting so wierd today?" She asks finally getting it.

I nod.

"I had a few conversations with the people here at this institute and we came to an understanding."

Fen snorts and I shoot him another glare.

"What is this 'beast' that you keep mentioning?" She asks.

"I call her my beast because I don't really know what she is, and I haven't been able to have a conversation with her. She's either trying to break free from me and slaughter everything around her or she's sleeping. This is the first time that she has ever been awake and hasn't tried to take me over and it's because of your very own beast that rests inside you."

"What beast? I don't have a beast." She says looking at me like I'm crazy.

"Yes you do she's the exact opposite of mine. Whereas mine wants to cause destruction yours seems to want peace. Right now they're both cuddled up together sleeping."

"Ok, ok well get back to that later. Now tell me what being a mate means?"She tells me.

"I don't know what being a mate means for you, but for me, it makes me want to protect you, keep you safe and happy and destroy anything that tries to hurt you. I makes me want to destroy the galaxy for you and kill the gods themselves if they dared to hurt you. And it also makes me extremly possesive of you."

"Wow." Is all she could say.

"I think you stunned the poor girl." Fen said laughing.

"Is that why I think your so hot?" She blurts out and Fen rolls over laughing. She covers her mouth with her hands as her face goes red.

"I think that's just me being 'hot' and you liking what you see." I tell her chuckling a little bit myself.

"The mate bond only builds on what's already there." I tell her.

"So you think I'm hot too?" She asks hopefulness in her voice.

I look directly in her eyes.

"I think your beautiful."

"And we all know I'm the best looking person in the room, now that's all out of the way, can we please get something to eat." Fen says breaking us out of our staring contest.

Laughing, Kassandra picks him up and heads out the door.

"Are you coming my mate?" She asks looking over her shoulder.

I get up to follow, but questions nag at me.

How did Kassandra get here? And what exactly are we?