CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

Cosima and Steve talked the whole night. They were talking about Soldier, about what Steve knew of Cosima and Cosima really came out of her dark corner. She opened up about what she could remember and talked about it with Steve. It made her feel better talking about it with someone. It was like she got something off her chest. She felt Steve to be someone who would genuinely listen and try to give the best possible advice he could. And he really seemed to care about Cosima because he felt it was his fault that she got captured again. Cosima reassured him it wasn't, because she knew above all others of what Hydra was really like, but Steve didn't buy it. 

"Were you up all night?" Natasha asked coming down the stairs. She was wearing her black cat suit with her hair in tight curls. 

Steve seemed startled. "Did we?"

"Yeah. Everyone's getting dressed. Maybe you should think about that Steve."

Steve looked down at what he was wearing: pajamas. "Right. I'll, uh, get dressed."

Natasha took his place. "You two seemed to be having a fun night."

"We just talked about our lives and how messed up they both are."

"Uh-huh. Sure ya did." Natasha winked. Cosima rolled her eyes. "We're all getting ready to go. You ready?"

"What is it heroes say? As ready as I'll ever be."

Natasha laughed. "I never properly thanked you for saving me from Wanda. So, thanks."

"It wasn't a big deal."

"It was kind of a big deal."

"Yeah it was. It was like the worst possible thing I want to remember was making itself known. It was horrible."

"Well, thanks for taking it. My past isn't too clean. I wouldn't want it cropping up."

"No problem. Just as long as you take the next one coming towards me."

Natasha laughed. "You have to be kidding. I mean you've already experienced it. If you got hit again, it would just repeat."

"Which is exactly why I don't want it again," Cosima said, throwing a pillow at Natasha.

She caught it. "You did not just start a pillow fight."

"A fight is between two people. You need to throw one first for it to be a pil-" Cosima was slammed in the face by a cushion. She looked at Natasha who was frantically grabbing as many cushions and pillows as she could. Cosima did the same. They were just about ready to fight when Clint toddled downstairs.

"No. I am not having a pillow fight in my house. Set them back now," he bossed.

"Alright, dad," Natasha stressed.

"Don't even start me," Clint began, going into the kitchen. Bruce came downstairs behind him, followed by Steve and Tony. They were going over the plan for the day.

"I'll take Natasha, Cosima and Clint," Steve said.

"Right. Strictly recon," Tony said, fixing his watch. "I'll hit the Nexus and join you as soon as I can."

Steve spoke again, "If Ultron's really building a body-"

"-He'll be more powerful than any of us. Maybe all of us."

"Try to think happy thoughts," Cosima joined in, coming up to both of them. She had discarded the coat and put the pictures of Morgana in her catsuit pocket. 

"It's a tad hard at the moment," Tony said but put a smile on his face.

"You know, I really miss the days when the weirdest thing science ever created was me."

They all laughed, even though Cosima didn't know what they were laughing at.

"I'll drop Banner off at the Tower. Mind if I borrow Miss Hill?" Fury asked. He looked at Steve and Tony, but not at Cosima. She thought back to last night, when she recalled making the decision to let trust be gained.

"She's all yours. Apparently."

"What you gonna do?" Steve asked.

"I don't know. Something dramatic I hope."

All of the Avengers left, either in cars or a ship. They were all slightly worried and nervous to what was going to happen, but they all knew one thing for sure: Ultron had to be stopped - no matter the cost.