Chapter 19 - "Trying to impress me, huh?"

Knox walked into the lounge where he would be teaching a guitar lesson. Chairs had been added to the open area around the small stage where karaoke had taken place the night before. There was a large stack of guitars in a corner. He looked around and saw a guy pulling guitars from their boxes but he couldn't see Sky anywhere. He moved towards the small stage and set his guitar down.

"Hey!" Sky said cheerfully.

He turned to see her smiling at him. "Hey," he said. He returned her smile, any worry from that morning forgotten.

Her eyes went to his arms. "You know they have invented this thing called sunblock," she said.

He looked down at his pink arms. "Are you kidding? Girls love this look." He flexed his arms.

She laughed. "I forgot, the lobster look is in."

"Yeah and Marcos is winning in that department," he said. He pointed to where Marcos who was sitting in the back of the lounge.

"Tres chic," she said with a dramatic french accent. "So you guys did leave the boat?" She sat down on the stool on the stage and slowly started to turn.

Knox started to open his guitar case. "Yeah. We rode jet skis." He placed his guitar on a guitar stand.

"Sounds knarly bro," she said in a surfer voice.

"Did somebody put something in your coffee this morning?" he asked. "Your accents are on point!"

"I've heard the best way to impress a boy is break out the accents," she joked.

He gave her a curious look. "Trying to impress me, huh?" He gave her a playful look.

"Elias," she responded flatly. "You're just my test subject."

"Ouch!" He put his hands over his heart. "First, you use me for my balcony, then to practice your accents. That's harsh."

"The truth hurts." She gave a small laugh.

"Well, as long as I'm here, I can give you some advice. I've heard Elias loves German accents."

"Da? Das goud!" She put on a horrible German accent but lost it laughing.

Knox laughed, watching her go breathless. He liked the ways her eyes crinkled when she laughed. "That will win his heart," he said.

"So, you like Elias?" Knox asked. His look was playful with a touch of something more. Sky could see Cara trying to get her attention. She was vaguely aware of people coming into the lounge.

"No, I'm just trying to impress him." She started to move away but turned back to him. "I like you," she said with a wink. She saw a quick look of surprise on his face before she walked to Cara. She glanced to the entrance of the lounge and saw a small group of girls walking in, led by Bianca.

"Hey what's up?" she asked Cara. She watched Bianca quickly walk over to Knox. She wrapped her long arms around him in a hug and glared at Sky.

"Is it just me or did that girl just give you the evil eye?" Cara whispered, barely moving her lips.

"You saw that too?" She turned away from the group of girls around Knox.

"What happened?" Cara asked in an eager voice, digging for a scandal.

She laughed. "I don't think I've even said a word to her. I mean she's been on all of Knox's events so I have seen her around. She is kind of hard to miss." She turned around to see Knox talking to the girls, Bianca's arm draped across his shoulder in a possessive way.