Chapter 22 - "Did you guys hook up?!"

Sky knocked loudly on the door a third time and happily heard a sleepy murmur before someone stumbled out of bed.

"Morning Julie Bee," Sky sang out when a half asleep Jules cracked open her door. The look of Jules's face was the closest thing to anger Sky had seen her wear.

"I brought breakfast," she said. She slowly pushed open the door as Jules seemed to slowly wake up. Sky pushed the small food cart over towards the bed. She poured Jules some coffee before she did anything else. Just the smell of the caffeinated drink seemed to bring Jules to life.

"So what's up?" Jules asked. She sipped on her second cup of coffee. They were both seated on the end of her bed, Sky nibbling on a piece of toast.

"Does Knox have a girlfriend?" she asked outright. She didn't have the patients to beat around the bush and it wasn't in her nature. Jules's eyes looked up, surprised.

"Don't!" Sky commanded when a goofy grin started to play across Jules's face. "Stop thinking whatever you are thinking."

Jules's face fell in reaction to her words before the grin slowly started again.

"So?" Sky promoted. She ignored the look Jules was giving her.

"He hasn't had a girlfriend for a couple of years," she said.

"He probably just hooks up with a ton of girls then," Sky said, knowing this comment would produce more information.

"Did you guys hook up?!" She gripped Sky's arm in her excitement.

"No," Sky said firmly, cutting that thought short.

"In my observation of Knox's love life I haven't unburied any random hook ups," Jules said. "He is always linked with whatever star or model he is photographed with, but only chumps fall for those headlines," Jules said with an air of superiority.

Sky shook her a head with a laugh at the ridiculousness of Jules's statement. "Okay," she said, standing up. She began to move the food cart towards the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" Jules asked.

"I have to get to work."

"Did you honestly think you could ask me about Knox without telling me what's going on between you two?"

"Nothing has happened," Sky started and Jules's face fell. "But..." she continued, Jules's face perking up. "If something was going to happen, I don't want to end up being the other girl he decided to have some fun with on a cruise."

"Omigosh!" Jules squealed. She pulled Sky down on to the edge of her bed. "Come on! I gave you the info you wanted so now it's your turn. Talk."

Sky tried to gauge how much information she could give without giving any information at all.

"We've been hanging out and last night we hung out." she said. Jules glared at her. "It's natural and he's funny. And he might have expressed some interest in me."

"You think?" Jules said. "I think it's safe to say that Anders isn't the reason he keeps coming back."

Sky smiled at Jules's observation. "I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting played," she said. "He might be Knox Hamilton, but I'm not some slutty obsessed fan."

"Honestly, he usually admits his focus on his music has kept him from even trying for any serious relationships," Jules said.

"Well, I doubt anything is even going to happen," Sky said. She stood and moved towards the door. Jules didn't follow, still happily thinking over what Sky had told her.