Chapter 23 - "Let's dance!"

"Whats going on?" Knox asked. He gently grabbed Sky's arm to get her attention.

The crowd from the zip line had been dropped off along the main street and it was busy. Brightly colored banners hung over the street every twenty feet and loud island sounding music was pouring out of speakers. Pop up vendors lined the street selling brightly colored shirts and classic Jamaican hats. The smell of food filled the air.

"Its Jamaica's Independence Day!" she said excitedly, her eyes sparkling. Her body was subtly moving to the music. Everywhere Knox looked, people were wearing the bright colors of the Jamaican flag.

"What is this?" Bianca asked disgust.

"There are so many locals out," Reese said, as if they didn't have a right to be there.

"Its Jamaica's Independence Day," Knox said loudly.

"Lets get out of here," Bianca said. She grimaced as she looked around at all the people and vendors. Knox turned to see Sky already walking down the street with two of the other employees from the ship.

When the bus had dropped them off, Kenny had informed them that the excursion was officially over. They were free to wander around the main area before they returned to the ship, they just had to be back by four. Knox felt a tug on his hand and turned to see Bianca trying to pull him in the direction of the ship.

"I'm gonna stick around," he said. He pulled his hand free.

"Whatever they have cooking smells amazing!" Marcos said, as he followed Knox down the street.

"Isn't this amazing!" Liz said, coming to walk beside Knox. "Look at all the bright colors."

Knox was surprised when he looked back and saw Bianca, Reese and Everleigh reluctantly following him down the busy street. He purposefully led their group in the direction Sky was walking and finally caught up with her at a vendor selling hats.

"I think it suites you," he said. He came to stand behind Sky, who was trying on a bright green, red, yellow and black hat.

"Really?" she asked. She turned and struck a pose. "I don't feel like I can pull off hats." She returned the hat back to the stand.

"I think Riley would love this," Liz said. She held up a hat with fake dreadlocks coming out of it. Knox laughed when he pictured the petit girl wearing the hat. "She loves collecting hats."

Knox was aware of Sky smoothly moving away as Liz and the rest of the girls surrounded him. He watched as she tried on various styles of hats with Kenny and Jesse.

"Are you seriously trying that on?" Bianca asked, as Knox tried on a straw hat with a wide brim.

"Well, it is on my head," he said. He moved towards the mirror near where Sky was standing to look at himself.

"What do you think?" he asked. She turned and smiled.

"I like it. Not only is it convenient for keeping the sun out of your eyes but it says 'I'm a man of high fashion.'"

"Here, try one on?" He grabbed a straw hat from the table and plopping it on her head. 

"I like it," Kenny said. He came over to where they were standing in front of the mirror.

"I want one," Jesse said, grabbing one off the table.

"How about this?" Kenny asked. He pulled the brown string tight, pulling the edges around his face.

"It looks like a bonnet," Sky laughed. "All you're missing is some fake flowers."

"You guys look like the straw hat gang," Marcos said.