Chapter 42: What I Was Born to Do

Okay, I may have been a little overconfident. I will admit that now, but everything turned out just fine later.

     After Adoray led us down a hallway, there was a door. It opened up into a wide room chalk full of more patients, crammed in with only a small walkway between each one.

     We didn't stay in that room, but continued on to the next room with only about ten people in it. It was full of the types of people I wanted to never see again.

     Somehow, he already knew the "Sister" that the little girl was talking about and led us right to her.

     It was, in fact, a Sister. Not the type of sister I was thinking about, a young girl that was a sister by name or from an orphanage.

     No, this was someone of the Church. All of them were Church members, seeing their habits and white robes. Seeing that almost made me turn around and leave until I realized I was being prejudiced, and this was a whole other country, continent, they were bound to be different people.

     So, I went and kneeled next to the one that the little girl tearfully pointed at and tried to survey the damage.

     All of the others were only physically hurt on the outside with abrasions, burns, scratches and the like. They were pretty nasty even though they were only surface afflictions, enough to make me gag if I hadn't watched autopsy videos in my past life and gotten over it.

     They were sleeping on mattresses with no clue that I was here.

     Even so, to avoid waking them I dragged the mattress the lady was on to the corner of the room about ten feet away with my little strength. There, I sat next to her and looked at her pretty human face. Her cowl was lain down on the mattress next to me, so I could see her hair. There was a white bandage around her head, as if she had a concussion or smacked it somehow.

     I inquired about what was wrong with her of Adoray and he simply replied, "Until we get the supplies, we don't know. She'll starve to death at this rate since she can't eat or drink."

     Ohhhh that's bad.

     So, I went at it on my own while leaving Adoray to entertain the little girl, making sure she didn't make much noise. He looked uncomfortable as she looked up at him with her pleading, hopeful eyes, and began glaring at me again.

     First, I checked her Status.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abriged Version (since I don't care about the details):

Condition: severe head trauma, broken fingers (yada yada yada...oh! Concussion, swelling, blood in a place it shouldn't be...), mental afflictions need deeper healing. To fix: reset broken bones, decrease swelling in skull...time. However, there is not enough time in this lifespan for recovery to be possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Wow. What an unlucky chick. To have a lifelong coma...and she'll likely die from starvation, as Adoray said, so there's really no chance for her to get better.

     But, since I know this type of stuff, I can do it. I flashed Adoray a knowing grin and got right to my work.

     A little magic here, using telekinesis hear to fix that in place, using direct mana manipulation as a splint for that, cutting that and redoing it there, using that to stop the blood from leaking there anymore...