『 twenty three: AREN'T YOU USED TO THIS? 』

『 chapter xxiii : AREN'T YOU USED TO THIS? 』

chapter xxiii : AREN'T YOU USED TO THIS? 』

WHEN JUNE HAD BLABBED TO DAPHNE ABOUT how everything was going perfect, she should've known better

WHEN JUNE HAD BLABBED TO DAPHNE ABOUT how everything was going perfect, she should've known better. Because the (current) youngest Swan, as usual, speaks too soon. Because the sliding doors open and out steps someone who had been the bane of June's existence for a while. Sam Uley stands high and mighty, dressed appropriately or the first time in a while, and his little puppies right behind him. June takes a shaky breath, watching her mom go around her and greet Sam warmly, her cousin smiling at his pregnant aunt as he hands her a gift which she lets Charlie take to the table. June's grandmother, Iris, steps up and welcomes them as well. Leah's slinked away from the carefree girl she had been the entire time. Star's back to her tough-girl exterior now that Jared's staring at her like some lovesick preteen. And Lyanna's face falls as she meets the longing eyes of Embry, who looks down when staring at the Makah girl is obviously too heart crushing to him.

                         June won't have it. Not now, not when something spectacular just happened. They ruin everything. "Samuel," June gives a faux smile.

"Hey, Junior," Sam seems surprised by her greeting.

June wants to snap at his easy going words, but, aware that people are there and she doesn't want to look like some maniac snapping at people, she smiles again. "The gift was a nice thing," She comments.

Sam nods, smiling back. "Emily picked it out."

That was it, the trigger word. The name rather. June's face contorts into anger and she stiffens, "Thanks for stopping by." She says and goes to turn but it pulled back. 

It's her grandmother, ever the was mediator, frowns, "Juniper, there's people around, let's not do this right
now." Iris warns.

Sam looks at her with an expression that says he knew all about what she was gonna say. "Daphne's my aunt, I have the right to come wish her well—"