Chapter 24

Angel-

"Harry I can't let you do that, you've already done so much." I reply as fresh tears begin to fall, my body shakes with every sob that escapes my lips. Harry sits down next to me and pulls me into his arms. 

"I'm not going to take no for answer Angel." He whispers as I cry in his arms. "You don't deserve what has happened to you."

"How can you say that after the way I treated you earlier?" I question and he sighs.

"I'll admit I was kind of a jerk, I knew you were torn about Xander and I came on a little strong." He admits and I smile through the tears. 

"I wasn't complaining or pushing you away though, I'm just so confused." I sigh as Harry presses a kiss to my head.

"Let's just take it one day at a time love." Harry suggests and I nod. "I'm going to run out and grab some boxes and dinner, will you be alright until I get back?" He asks.

"As long as you come back with something ridiculously fattening and delicious." I reply and he smirks.

"You've got it babe." He says before standing up and pulling me to my feet.

"Thank you Harry." I whisper as I wrap my arms around his waist and bury my head in his chest.

"Anything for you Angel."

**

While Harry was out I checked on Ariel, he was fast asleep and with it being after nine already I just let him sleep while I started gathering his things in the totes we had for him. After that I Went through my room and gathered all of my clothing before fitting what I could into my two smaller suitcases.

The memories hit me like a semi as I pack, I remember our first night here, how excited Jerica and I were while Xander thought it was so big deal. I remember that night Xander and I made love by candlelight because Jerica blew the fuse with what I suspect to be a commercial grade vibrator. 

I was perfectly happy before all this. Liar, you were missing something. You were always missing something. Sighing I sit down on the couch and pull my hair up, my life is a fucking mess. 

Maybe this will be good, Xander will meet his dad and realize he wants kids. Yea right. Maybe I'll realize that I don't actually want a family and all of this is just unnecessary heartbreak. Again, not likely.

Maybe Harry and I will fall madly in love and live happily ever after. I'd be lying if I said that the thought didn't make me smile, Harry is amazing. He's literally everything I'd ever want in a man..... Except for the fact that he's my brother's dad.

"Honey I'm home!" Harry's rich, deep voice sounds as he walks into the apartment. He sits down next to me, his large hands hold two milkshakes in one and a Nations bag in the other. "Fattening enough for you?" He asks as he hands me a chocolate shake, I moan as the cold cream hits my tongue and takes away all my woes momentarily.

"It's perfect, thank you Harry." I reply as I lean my head against his shoulder, he smiles down at me before pulling two massive cheeseburgers  out of the bag along with some fries.

"I got a shit load of boxes in my SUV too, I'll bring them in after we eat." He says as he hands me a burger. "Cheers." Harry whispers as he taps his burger against mine.

"I haven't had nations in forever." I mumble after taking a bite, Harry looks at me and smiles. 

"You've got a little something right..." He says reaching over. "There." Harry's thumb sweeps under my lip to capture whatever was there, he brings his thumb up to his pink lips and sucks it clean all while holding my gaze causing me to gasp softly.

"Is it gone?" I ask after clearing my throat, he smiles and nods before going back to his hamburger. "Ariel is passed out in Jerica's room, he'll probably sleep through the night which is good because I'm going crazy. How the fuck am I going to get a moving truck, where am I going to store my things-"

"Just calm down Angel." Harry says softly as he places his hand on my thigh, his touch is oddly calming. "I called a few friends who have trucks or large SUVs and can help, you can store your things in my garage until we find you a storage unit." He suggests and I hang my head.

"I don't know what I'd do without you Harry." I confess, he takes my burger and sets it down along with his before wrapping his arm around me and kissing the top of my head.

"I'm not going anywhere love."