Chapter 26: House Hunting

"This house hunting stuff is way harder than I thought it would be!" Aiden complained, making me roll my eyes at what he said.

Although, what he said is completely true because I'm having a hard time myself also.

"Stop complaining so that we would be done with this in no time." Zyljan said, making Aiden sigh loudly in the front seat.

"Amber, we've already seen four houses and all of it were nice and comfortable. Why don't you just pick one of those so that we'd be done?" He suggested, and I whipped my head in his direction, glaring at him.

He squirmed under my gaze, making him seat uncomfortably in his place. "I know all of it was nice and comfortable, but it doesn't just feel right, okay?"

He nodded then he started mumbling incoherent things under his breath.

"Is Vanessa already there?" Zyljan asked, and I cocked my head so that I could have a better view of him. I raised an eyebrow. "At the house we're going to, I mean."

"Oh." I said. "Yeah, she is. She texted me earlier saying that she already arrived there." He nodded his head and started to drive to where the house was located.

By the time we got there, I took a good look at the house. It seems nice and comfortable enough.

"You should pick this one, Ams." Aiden said as he got out of the car and took a good look at the house.

"Yeah. It's nice." Zyljan said as he put his hands inside the pocket of his jeans.

"Does Mom even know about this?" Aiden asked.

Crap, I completely forgot about that little matter. I forgot that Vanessa tells Mom almost everything when it comes to the real estate.

"Well technically, no." Aiden and Zyljan both looked at me in alarm. "But I plan to tell her of course."

"Amber." Zyljan said in warning.

"What? I'll tell her, don't worry."

The front door suddenly opened and we saw Vanessa giving us a warm smile. "Amber! How nice of you to finally come." Then she turned to both my brothers. "Aiden, Zyljan."

"Hey Van." Zyljan said in greeting.

"Let's go inside, shall we?" She smiled and guided us inside.

"So, this is the living room." Vanessa, our realtor, said as we went inside the house to take a good look at it.

The living room was cozy, to be fully honest. It was painted with brown and beige, and it has a light brown carpet placed on the floor. There were paintings hanging on the wall, and the television set placed against the wall was perfectly hung, making the television area seem neat. The couches were placed around the television set, a lamp placed between each couches.

Vanessa turned on the lights, making the lights illuminate around the room. The lights highlighted each and every space in the room, making everything seem to impossible to miss. The chandelier hanging above us was lit perfectly, seeming to make the flower on the side livelier than when we walked in.

"Well, this seems nice." I commented while looking at both Zyljan and Aiden as they nodded their heads in agreement.

"Let's go this way." Vanessa said as we made our way upstairs. "This house has four bedrooms and two bathrooms, by the way."