Chapter Twenty Seven

Savage watched from underneath the branches of the private gated park. There was now a security guard on the door to suit the area. Discreet, all black clothing, no shaved head.

Echo walked from the opposite end of the street, crossed the road. She got herself into character by adding bounce to her step, and swung her handbag as she walked. She looked up at the building as she passed, no self-consciousness at all, and skipped up the steps to talk to security.

Girly, flirty, legs together, she leaned forward to ask him a question, pointed a finger up at the building, the same hand came down onto the guard's arm before he answered.

He smiled when he spoke. She smiled back. They laughed, another touch of the arm, a toodle-ooh wave of the fingers and she moved off with another little bounce.

At the end of the block she crossed the road and headed towards Savage. He moved further into the shadows, out of any potential eye-line from the tall windows in the even taller building.

She added a little bounce to her step and touched his arm just as she had the guard. His heart fluttered. Good technique.

'Is this Eaton Gardens?' she said, before Savage could answer she said, 'Yes it is ma'am,' in a deep voice. Her approximation of the bouncer.

'So this is the venue for tonight's Kitty Kat Klub?'

She leaned forward, touched his arm, flirted.

'Yes, it is ma'am?' Savage guessed.

'Fantastic,' another touch, lingering fingers and eyes, 'I'll be seeing a lot more of you later.'

She bounced up to Savage and gave him a kiss.

'Did I do good?'

'You did great.' He kissed her back. Then pulled himself together. 'What's the Kitty Kat Klub?'

'You've heard of it right?'

He shrugged a half smile, 'I've been out of the country a while.'

'I always wanted to go. It's an elite sexual club run by women for women so they can explore all their fantasies and sexual desires. Only the good looking and truly successful can be members. It pays homage to the sexy Killing Kittens nights but also the Kit Kat Club of the eighteenth century. It’s a politics, power and sex cocktail.'

'How can I get in?'

'Men have to submit an application with a photo and a profile. Then it's got to be reviewed and approved by the Kats.'

'Who are?'

'Powerful and successful women.'

'Great. Only we don’t have any time.'

He glared at the door. How hard could it be to get in? There was the one security guard. His eyes explored the shadowed building. Two cameras, full one-eighty spread. Social engineer his way in? The staff had already arrived. What could he do?

'Time to get sneaky,’ he said. ‘What time do these things normally kick off?'

'About now, and they go on as long as they need to.'

'John,' he looked back at her. 'What are you thinking?'

'I’m going in.'

'Looks aren't gonna do it,' she teased.

'Thanks.'

'Seriously, check these two out.'

The first guests were arriving, a tall woman with a dark razor edge bob stepped out of a black Mercedes and grabbed on to the arm of a model-handsome man-mountain in Soho black. They ascended the steps toward sexual heaven. The door opened automatically. Nothing so utilitarian as bell-pressing involved. They gurned their way through the pearly gates.