Shut up and get me out of here.

Ling Ling feigned her delight. "You're too kind, Mr. Chanchu welcoming a stranger like me to your home."

"It's easy." Said Mr. Chanchu before parting away from the couple.

Bolin reeled Ling Ling away as soon as Mr. Chanchu was out of sight. He knew he needed to get her away. "Come with me Ling Ling." He murmured as he whisked her away with his massive strides that quickly turned into a brisk jog.

Ling Ling ran just to keep up with his speed, his long legs were much more capable at eating the distance easily. "Wait where are you taking me?"

Bolin gave her no answer his mind was focused on his search for a quick escape until he found an empty room.

Bolin quickly shut the door and pushed Ling Ling to her back on the wall. It was dark inside but the small sliver of light struck Bolin in the face where she can see him clearly.

"There's a secret passage in the garden outside, you have to go find it while I hold back this guards for you. I'm afraid we're being followed and those ogres are waiting for the proper time to snatch you. They want to separate you and me so they could get to you."

"Why would they want to do that?"

"Because, I think Mr. Chanchu still wanted to eat you."

"What's your connection with him anyway? How come he knew you? Mei told me he's the most dangerous spirit in the spirit world."

"It's hard to explain. My family have more history in the spirit world than the human world."

"What're you talking about?"

"My family is very powerful here. I didn't die because of that accident, Ling Ling. My great great grandfather had arranged for my death because he needed me here more."

"What?" Ling Ling pushed him away. "And your parents are okay with that?"

"They knew what's going on."

"What about me? What about the marriage proposal?"

"Ling Ling." He breathed. "I was hoping to make you fall in love with me." His forehead knotted while his voice plunged desperate for her to hear. He knew telling her the truth would make her upset.

"You planned on killing me?!"

"But, Ling Ling, I figure you wouldn't mind it after we got married. Life here is about the same as it is in the human world."

"Yeah, except, I don't want to leave my family. I don't want to die yet, Bolin."

"Ling Ling..." He whispered her name, but Ling Ling wasn't going to have any part of it. "I need to go, Bolin. I need to get back to my body if I can."

Bolin held her steady and pushed her back further into the wall. "I can't let you do that. My parents spent enough time and energy working on getting you together with me. You weren't supposed to wind up here, and I don't know how you even got here in the middle of the spirit world. You were supposed to stay at the mansion where I could get to you easily."

"Let go, Bolin." Ling Ling tried to struggle but Bolin only pushed her back harder.

He grabbed her hand and examined the bracelet of beads around her wrist. "Who gave you this?" He hissed. "Who helped you escape the mansion?"

Ling Ling jerked her hand but Bolin never let go. "He's no one."

"He?"

"I never got to see his face, he was at your mansion, but no one was aware of him."

"Tell me what's his name, I will have him taken by my men!"

"No one, he doesn't have a face or a name."