Chapter 20.3 - Grand Opening Ⅲ

Izo's face hurts from smiling as she greets civilians and guests. Izo perks up as she finally spots Sarah and Valentine. Izo politely excuses herself and happily rushes over to them. "What took you so long? I thought for a moment, that you weren't coming," Izo breathlessly stated.

Sarah frowns and points her head in Valentine's direction. "Someone forgot their wallet at home, we had to go back to get it," Sarah Carpenter unhappily stated.

Izo giggles and says, "I thought that would be the case." Izo pauses and frowns, "But, what why were you at his place this morning?"

Sarah flushes and hastily says, "Never mind that! Are these the potions you were telling us about?"

Izo nods her heads in reply at Sarah, who happily heads to the counter to buy a bottle of each. As soon as Sarah leaves Izo whips her head around and narrows her eyes at Valentine. Valentine nervously stammers, "Sarah stayed over last night, but nothing happened, I swear!" Izo continues to study Valentine, but seeing Valentine quivering in fear before her, convinces Izo that was the case.

"Fine, I'll believe you this time. But you know it wouldn't have bothered me if you guys took your relationship to the next level. It's not any of my business anyway. I just don't like being blatantly lied to," Izo commented.

Valentine flushes as Sarah returns and stares with curiosity at those two. "What did I miss?" Sarah asked.

Valentine smiles evilly and says, "Oh, nothing, that matters. Now, why don't you enjoy the meal in the restaurant? It's a five-star meal and it's free."

Sarah beams and whispers, "I love you, Izo. And if you were a guy, I would totally marry you." Valentine lets out an indignant squawk at that comment as Sarah happily drags Valentine away in search of prey.... food.

Izo glances across the crowd and smiles at spotting Dolores and her date, Berry. Dolores waves back and points at her invitation and motions that later she will go up. Izo nods and heads across the room towards the elevator.

"Oh, we meet again, Miss Reed," a sweet young woman chimed.

Izo halts in her tracks and turns to face the speaker, Mary. Mary beams at Izo as Izo politely replies, "Yes, so we meet again, Miss? I am sorry, I cannot recall ever being properly introduced. Please remind me of your name again?"

Mary smile stiffens as she replies, "I'm Mary Sue, pleased to formally meet you, Miss Reed."

Before Izo can say anything else, a golden-haired young man darts from the crowd. "Oh, there you are, Mary, we were worried you had gotten lost," Alexander worriedly stated. From behind him, two other young men emerge, Eric with dark hair and gray eyes and Kendall with fiery red hair and green eyes.

All the young men stiffen at spotting the woman who was also looked and was named, Izo. Mary smiles warmly up at them as Izo senses a faint mana presence in the air. Frowning, Izo decides to try out a skill, "Aura Eater." Wordlessly chanting under her breath, Izo feels her shadow grow and suddenly engulf Mary's shadow. A series of emotions and images rush through Izo's mind until only a single clear image is left.

A younger Mary glares at Izo Lee and whispers under her breath, "I will destroy her."

Izo blinks with surprise at the hidden revelation. So, it hadn't all been a coincidence after all? And if that was the case, Izo had promised to avenge the other Izo and Izo would keep her word. Curious, Izo casts Aura Eater on the three young men and almost chokes at the revelations.

Eric frowns at seeing the frown on this other Izo's face. "Excuse me, is there a problem?" Eric coldly asked.

Izo swallows her surprise down and narrows her eyes at Eric's tone of voice. "My apologies I was merely distracted. As I stated before Mary Sue, it was nice to meet you again. But I am late, and I must take my leave. Please have a good day," Izo curtly said, before turning away in thought.

"How rude," Kendall muttered at the retreating figure of that woman.

Mary flashes Kendall and every one of them thankfully smiles in gratitude of their kind gestures. "Please don't worry for my sake, she was most kind to me. But it does seem as though she is busy. How about we take a closer look at the beauty potions over there?" Mary Sue exclaimed as she pointed in that direction.

The young men smile in agreement and do as they are told. Mary happily lets out a laugh of delight and moves towards the counter to purchase said items. Alexander sighs and says, "Too bad, we don't' have an invitation or else, I would take Mary up to the 3rd floor. I heard there is a 5-Star restaurant on the 3rd floor. However, thankfully, the 3rd floor will be open soon to all."

"Didn't your father get an invitation?" Kendall asked.

"Yes, but dad threw out the invitation the day he got it. Sadly, dad, now bitterly regrets that hasty decision, but there's nothing to be done now," Alexander replied. Kendall nods in understanding as the same situation had happened in his own home.

Eric quietly interjects, "I think, maybe, Kendall, maybe right after all."

"Wait, I am? About what?" Kendall asked.

"About this Izo being Izo Lee. The way she was frowning is much too similar to Izo Lee. It can't be just a coincidence," Eric commented.

"I knew it! And you all thought I was crazy," Kendall proudly stated.

Alexander's blue eyes grow cold at Eric's words. "If that is the case, we will make sure to reveal her true self," Alexander firmly declared. Eric and Kendall nod their heads in solemn agreement and begin to plot on just how to do so.