Chapter 20.4 - Grand Opening Ⅳ

Exactly on the hour, the auction begins, a short, thin young man with white cat ears and tail smiles innocently at the gathered group. Something about the young man's adorable looks that are like an innocent child's touches the hearts of all of the female members of the audience. "Hello everyone, I'm your auction host, Benjamin Button. Please take care of me," Benjamin said as he bowed to the crowd. The female members let out a chorus of Aw's at the calculated gesture.

Thomas, who is watching the scene snickers under his breath. Benjamin Button is half Neko-cat and half goblin. And as such, Benjamin was great with numbers. In fact, he was so good, he could make money out of nothing. The perfect con man in other words and which was the exact reason he had been selected for his current position to raise the price as much as possible for the auction hall.

"Mr. Vladimir, I believe Mrs. Fauna is looking for you," a bone-chilling voice said in Thomas's ear. Thomas resists the urge to flinch as he slowly turns around with dread and spots Miss Reed, his boss.

Thomas swallows and hastily apologizes, "I was just on my way, Miss Reed," before running away for his life.

Izo blinks in surprise and hides a smile at the funny reaction of Thomas. Shaking her head, Izo leans against the wall to watch the show begin.

Benjamin ear's twitch in excitement as he says, "Thank you, everyone, for coming. Now, let's have our first item brought out!"

A young woman in a ruby evening gown emerges holding out a simple club in her hands. Benjamin Button says, "Ladies and gentlemen, unlike most Auction Houses, we always present will start an auction with one of our best items first." Some of the members of the audience let out breaths they were holding at recognizing the power level of the item. Others gape and others eagerly lean forward in impatience.

"Allow me to present, Grendel's Bludgeon an Epic level item," Benjamin Button said and paused for the expected gasps to fill the air, before continuing, "The stats are as follow: Strength S-Class Level, Dexterity A-Class Level, and Resistance A-Class Level." Some of the seated members begin to salivate at the item's description, mostly the guild representatives in the audience.

"The skills are as follow, a single passive skill called Blood Thirst, that paralyzes the weak and stuns the strong. And an active skill, Mana Nullification, all magic spells including magic attacks only have a 13% damaging effect on the user. And that all attacks using said item, will have a 50% chance of being critical hits," Benjamin Button slowly said causing some to lose the patience and others to swallow at the last skill.

"We will begin the starting bid at 1 million dollars," Benjamin Button boldly declared.

Immediately a man holds up his bidding number #10 and says, "10 million."

"10 million," Benjamin said, before being interrupted.

"50 million," a woman shirked.

The number kept rising until finally, a guild representative shouted, "250 million."

Izo pointedly glances at Benjamin Button who says, "Going once, twice, sold to the Guild for 250 million dollars. All items will be delivered or available for pick up after the auction." Despite the item not even selling at half of its overall value, Izo was pleased. She wanted the guild to owe her a favor and know it.

The young woman walks off the stage as a pretty nymph walks on stage holding a magical staff in her hands. The crowd excitedly waits for Benjamin Button to describe the item for auction. "A rare moonlight staff made by the Elves of Kilmore," Benjamin Button stated causing the crowd to gasp. The Elves of Kilmore were a legend among Elves as an ancient power who had vanished without a trace. All that was left of the once mighty civilization were their ancient powerful relics.