Chapter 20.5 - Grand Opening Ⅴ

By closing time, the employees of Marchen Inc. were all exhausted but satisfied with a hard day's work. The grand opening had been an utter success. Throughout Emerald City, the media groups that had accepted the invitations were showing off exclusive interviews and exclusive articles. The media groups that had been missed out on such an opportunity were berated for their failures. But even more importantly, a sudden craze swept throughout out Emerald City at the results of the beauty potions. Every woman in Emerald City now had to get their hands on the exclusive beauty products sold at Marchen Inc.

To those in power within Emerald City, they were suddenly shocked to learn that the association of auction houses had a new member, Izo Reed. The powerhouses assumed the success in part was due to the other owners aiding their new member. Even better all formal threats and opposition against Marchen Inc. simply vanished in a single day as if it had never happened in the first place.

Unlike everyone else, who could go home for the night at Marchen Inc., Izo was in for a long night with her clones in the basement to create enough supply for the demand of beauty potions. Not to mention, Izo had to create added stock to place in the other auction houses.

*

Mr. Noir tiredly leaves his office for the day and heads home, when he receives a call from one of his patrons. "Yes, Mr. Lee?" Mr. Noir asked.

"How was it?" Mr. Lee enquired.

"The grand opening went perfectly well as promised and is a smashing success. Miss Reed even solved the issue with the other auction houses on her own. Miss Reed is now an official member of the Auction House Association. I do believe everything has been taken care of to your satisfaction, sir," Mr. Noir commented.

Mr. Lee lets out a pleased sigh and says, "Unfortunately, my wife and I weren't able to attend due to that business deal in place. But as soon as we are in Emerald City, we shall stop their first."

"I am sure, Miss Reed will be delighted to give you a tour once you arrive," Mr. Noir dutifully stated.

"Yes, I am sure," Mr. Lee happily said, before ending the call.

Mr. Noir lets out a sigh of relief as he loosens his tie. It would nice to take a breather for a change without having Mr. Lee breathing down his neck. It was a hard job at times be a personal lawyer to such a powerful man. But with hard work, there always comes a reward.

*

Marchen Inc. was busy the following days as promised. The popularity of the beauty potions was so ridiculous that Izo had no choice that Izo resorted to using the ability Self-Substance but to no avail. Seeing no end to her work, Izo decided to pass recipe to her alchemists to work on in her stead and create the needed supply just to keep up with demand. By the end of that very first week, Marchen Inc. was supplying the potions overseas to the hungry masses. And thankfully thanks to the Auction House Association, Mr. Moore and associates took care of the retailers and shipping.

Thankfully this allows Izo to be able to fully pay off her debt with ease and the promised interest. Mr. Noir swiftly took care of the entire affair to the relief of Izo. But despite being out of debt, there was a strange vibe in the air. Izo had a certain that something was about to happen. Maybe it was nothing but a gut feeling, but she wasn't able to shake off that uncertainty no matter what she did. It certainly didn't help matters when Izo dreamed about the pink jelly the night before. And nothing good ever comes from dreaming about a God, especially your own!