3: Involved with death

When I close my eyes and try to sleep, I fall apart and find it hard to breathe. You're the reason, the only reason.

____________________

4 months later

Namjoon sat on the bench with his umbrella opened covering him from the light rain. He gazed at the open field taking in its appearance for the second time this month. Different tomb stones covered with anguish, love and regret were added.

They were added to the field of many souls taken by death. Death is such a cruel thing, the Grim Reaper is evil to take souls that were especially innocent. His wife...dead wife Sindy did nothing to deserve this.

He remembered the first days that he came to visit her, he would cry and yell until the keepers would gently touch his shoulder as a sign of respect..
and also that he should keep it down. In fact a few times he was caught trying to break the tombstone but he was thrown out every night. He would sit outside the gates and cry. She was pure and delicate like a flower, so why did death take her. He's first love had died, he needed to mourn badly.

Fourteen years was no joke. In all those years they had done so much and they even planned to have a kid.. Why did God allow this to happen to Sindy? Was it even God's doing? He kept thinking about her but suddenly.

He paused in thought, was it really deaths doing either?

The doctor said that she was murdered, that all the scars and marks on her body were beatings she encountered over the days she was alive.

But from where and from whom 'Baby why didn't you tell me anything' he thought. Why would she get herself involved with danger, with Death? Why?

The thoughts never stop so he put them on hold and looked up to the heavens, where he knew she was.

"I'm going to find out who did this to you. They will pay." His voice came out raspy and harsh but in some way, directed to Sindy is was soft.

He closed his eyes feeling the tears prickling. Just a little rest on this bench...

_____________

With all the energy drained from his body, he licks his lips hoping to get going. There's barely anybody in the graveyard until he sees a young woman making her way inside.

The woman intrigues Namjoon, from the way she dresses in all black to the way she's walking as slow as a turtle. The wind runs past her and the soft rain drops fall perfectly on her hair. Her face is covered by her short black hair. Her hands in her long black coat. Her aura completely dark. That's what intrigued Namjoon, her dark vibe. He can tell that she's also broken.

He watchs her as she takes her time to walk. Finally she stops nd turns her back towards him. She was right next to Sindy's grave.

A memory flashs through his mind, it's of Sindy. She always made jokes about everyday real life situations. She said that when she died she wanted him to burry her in a reserved graveyard, that's covered in books, all the books she's read. A stack of books holding on as pillars. That inside her coffin must only be her favorite books along with her decaying body.

He smiles at the memory and allows for the few tears to roll down his face.

He looks up at the woman, whom has now kneeled in front of the tomb her hands still in her pocket. The rain doesn't look like it'll stop any moment, but he watchs the woman with interest to see what she'll do next.

Out of the ordinary she lays on top of the tomb. Her body spread on it, he watches with sorror and pity.

He watched her stay motionless on that stone before he stood up and walked out the gates. The drizzle became harder and harder but as long as he could calmly walk through the rain he had no problem.

His feet led him to a café. He sat down and looked out the window. He realised how gloomy life had turned out ever since Sindy passed.

It was all his fault, he thought. He was never there on the last days of her pain and struggle. If he knew what kept her late and when all those marks has been made, she still would have been in his life.

He needed to find a remedy for himself as well as for Sindy. It was a somber goodbye that she didn't deserve.