f o u r

"I should probably get in the shower," Jensen said looking down at Kasey. Her head lay in his lap while he stroked her hair through the whole movie they had watched. "Are you gonna let me up?" Jensen chuckled since she didn't move.

"No," Kasey smiled up at him and she hugged onto his leg. After several seconds she huffed and raised from the couch. 

Jensen smiled and got up after her before heading to the bathroom. A few minutes later and Kasey heard the water turn on. She changed into her pajamas and sat on the bed, trying to decide what to do while she waited. Jensen began to quietly sing as he showered. She found herself laying down across the bed and drifting asleep to the sound of his voice. 

Once Jensen got out of the shower, he found her already asleep. He couldn't help but stop and take in the moment for a second. He laid a blanket across her and turned out the lamp that was next to the bed. He turned off the tv and found a comfortable spot on the couch to sleep.

Kasey woke up early, and it took her a minute to remember where she was. She rubbed her eyes as she slowly raised from the bed and looked around the room for Jensen. Her eyes landed on him laid out across the couch. She felt bad that he had slept there, imagining that it wasn't the most comfortable spot he could have slept.

She made the bed before quietly walking to the bathroom. She got dressed and straightened her hair before covering up her blemishes with makeup. She coated her lashes with mascara before slipping back out into the main area. 

She quietly grabbed her purse, phone, and key card before leaving the room

She quietly grabbed her purse, phone, and key card before leaving the room. She decided to go grab breakfast for them. She felt the cool Canada breeze hit her legs as she walked outside. She looked around the crowded street and saw a cafe four shops down. 

"Good morning, dear. Can I get ya anything?" The lady spoke from behind the counter. 

"Can I have 2 pancake platters and 2 coffees?" Kasey asked smiling. "Ooo, and let's get a few donuts," Kasey said pointing at the display case. 

"Absolutely. Your total is $22.74." The cashier replied.

Kasey quickly paid and waited for her order to be ready. She breathed in the smell of freshly brewed coffee and looked around at the different people in the cafe. Some people were chatting while others worked diligently as a window booth. 

"Here you go, Miss," The lady said as she handed Kasey a bag and drink carrier. 

"Thank you," Kasey said before turning and walking back outside. She carefully sipped her coffee as she walked back to the hotel, careful not to spill anything. 

She swiped the key card and opened the door with her elbow. She quietly walked back inside and kicked off her shoes before lying the breakfast on the table. She looked over at Jensen who was still sleeping peacefully. Slowly, she walked over and sat at the edge of the couch. 

"Jensen," She nudged gently. "I went and got us some breakfast if your hungry," She spoke softly, not wanting to startle him. 

"I could get used to you waking me up," He smiled sleepily. "Why are you so pretty at 8 in the morning?" He asked as he sat up and looked at Kasey. Her cheeks flushed red again, not being used to being complimented on the regular. "You went and got breakfast?" He asked. 

"I felt bad for making you sleep on the couch." She admitted.

"I was planning on sleeping on the couch anyway." He answered. 

"Still, I felt bad. You want some pancakes and coffee?" Kasey asked him smiling.

"Absolutely."