1

Chapter one- Speak and I'll kill you
------------------------------------------------

(Complete)

------------------------------------------------

School.

One word, and you can scare a bunch of petty teenagers.

School is boring, but it's a place where I can relax after a long stressful morning of getting 'ready' in the morning.

I lead an average life, get good marks, have good 'friends'. Although this is all just a facade to trick people, I've gotten quite used to my routine.

It's always the same.

Wake up, do my mourning runs, get into my school uniform, walk to school, get attacked by the mafi- I mean keep walking to school, and then finish school. Well it's really after school that my day really begins...

Jung Seo-Yun
-----------------

"Good morning mother." My raspy morning voice filled the empty space of the cold
room.

"Hm." She nodded, her eyes glued to the newspaper. "The mafia seem to have abducted another teenager. This is the fifth in two weeks, beware of your surroundings." I nodded and bowed my head slightly. She brushed her long silky black hair backwards and tugged it behind her ear.

"I will." I smiled. She turned to me, adjusted her deep blue glasses, and stared straight into my eyes. Her grayish eyes were darker then usual but I brushed it off. I turned around as my lips curved into a smirk.

The mafia again, huh?

I head over to the kitchen and grabbed myself a piece of toast, still hot from the inside the toaster. I slowly munch on it and made my way to my room to gather all I needed for the day.

'Pencil case'

Check

'Binders'

Check

'Knives'

Check

'Pepper spray'

Check

'Calculator'

Check.

'Phone'

Check

Seems I have everything.

"I shall see you later in the night mother, I have......homework I must complete." Was all I said before exiting the heavy wooden door. I walked down a few streets before arriving near my school. I heard the girls and boys muttering and laughing. There was a comment that stood out to me as I walked through the front gates.

"Did you see the news!"

"Yeah! The one where PD fought against the mafia! That was so dope, she's so cool. I would die to be her friend!" The girl squealed.

I smirked proudly and looked their way. They looked at me confused as I nervously coughed and looked towards a nearby tree. The ignored me and keep fantasising about being my friend.

I walked into the locker room to place my bag and took all my things to class.

History?

I took out my history book, on WW2, and other things, then made my way to class. The time seemed to be going especially slow. I quickly learned that the teenager that had been abducted went to this school. The class started to have a deep conversation about the whole mafia issue, quickly moving away from our starting topic of war.

"Why isn't PD doing anything!"

That certainly did grab my attention." Yeah why isn't she?" I replied, hiding my smirk. "She probably is busy, after all she did go against the mafia a few days ago." I nodded aggressively." Yes, yes she must be tired. It's not every day someone goes against the mafia." I smiled. Everyone seemed to agree.

" Class, let's not get too off topi-......" The teacher started but was soon stopped by principle entering the classroom. We all stood up and greeted our principle.

"I have some urgent news that I must share with you all." Everyone nodded and sat back down." As we've all heard, an innocent teenager has once again been abducted by the mafia. We wanted to warn everyone to not walk home alone. Always walk back with a group of trusted friends. We don't want to lose anyone else. That's it, please be safe everyone." He glanced over at me, who wasn't really paying attention to what he was saying.

"Ms. Jung, would you like to repeat what I just said?" I smiled and repeated everything word to word. His lips tightened into a small line as he sighed." Good, well thank you for your time, please continue the lesson."

"So as I was saying, there will be an essay for you to writ-" The rest of what our teacher said was a blur. I do that often....just blank out. I don't necessarily think of anything. My mind just goes blank. It's a great feeling, not feeling anything. I smiled and played around with my hair.

The bell suddenly rang.

The room was filled with sighs of relief. "Hey Seo-Yun, wanna walk together to our next class." One of my classmates asked. "Sure." I reply, and gave her a fake smile.

The rest of the day went on like this. It was always the same. Nothing was fun. School lacked excitement. The final bell rang, letting us out of school. Right before I left, an announcement stopped everyone in their steps. "Reminder to walk home with someone everyone, be safe." Our principles cold and almost threatening voice boomed over the speakers.

Of course, because I'm so rebel-like, I decided to do the cliché thing of walking into an alleyway as a shortcut. But my goal wasn't to be that damsel in distress from the movies,

It was to find those bloody asses we call the mafia.

--------------------------
Like/Comment/Share