xxxiii.

sorry had to add the gif because i didn't have time earlier today

Mark tried to stop laughing but he couldn't. "I'm sorry, it's just- your shirt-"

Namjoon sighed. "Let's just say that for all school has taught Jin, they haven't taught him the difference between bleach and softener."

Mark just laughed. "Yeah, my kids are pretty stupid. I've already given up. As long as they learn how to spell their names so they can sign the consent form for an attorney when they wind up at the police station for public indecency or whatever., then I'm good."

Namjoon shook his head but smiled. "I can imagine a kid of two or mine will be there with them, unfortunately."

"All right, less chit-chatting ladies, let's all get back to w- Namjoon-ah, what are you wearing?" PD-nim asked, staring at Namjoon's bleached shirt that looked like the unfortunate end result of a poor tie-dye experiment.

Namjoon just shook his head. "I think I'm going to have to buy a new one."

***

So, Namjoon had gotten out of explaining everything that night, using his job as an excuse, but Jin had made it very clear that Namjoon would be discussing the topic in the morning before school.

Namjoon was half-praying that Jin had forgotten.

But, on the other hand, he was sort of ready for them to know.

He was just sick of their reactions whenever his wife was brought up.

They all looked...

...excited. Happy. Eager.

Maybe he was just being petty, but he didn't want them looking up to her.

I'm right here if you want a parent so bad. Forget about her, he wanted to say, but he couldn't because he was their dad and he wanted them to be happy.

He knew that he wasn't going to make them happy with this news. But what choice did he have?

Hide it from them until they were adults?

He kind of wanted to.

But I can't, he thought, sighing. I want to protect them from the world, but it's not my right to choose.

I'll tell them.

In the morning.

***

Namjoon woke up and rolled out of bed, throwing on a bleached t-shirt and bleached jeans before walking out of his bedroom and into the kitchen, only to stop in the living room upon seeing all six of his children waiting patiently on the couch, sitting in a line.

Namjoon blinked. "So I'm not allowed to have a cup of coffee first?"

Jin shook his head but kept silent.

Namjoon moved to stand in front of all of them, but he felt awkward being the only one standing, so he sat down on the rug in front of the couch. "So..." He rubbed the back of his neck. "There's something I have to tell you all. About your mother."

"We know," Tae said, having already figured it out a while ago.

Jungkook turned and gave him a confused look. "What? I don't know."

Tae looked back at Namjoon, maintaining a look of complete seriousness. "I misspoke. We know nothing. Tell us, O Mighty One."

Namjoon felt the air lighten a bit, and he mentally thanked God for Taehyung. "Well...do you remember when I told you that Mommy was really busy?"